“On time with excellent service”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I paid for extra leg room at time of booking as at that stage it looked as though I would be on a Singapore airline jet under the code share arrangement. I was pleasantly surprised to board a Qantas aircraft and my allocated seat was the most comfortable economy seat I have sat in for quite a while. Staff were very friendly and helpful and my GF meals were quite delicious. In flight entertainment choices were extensive. Definitely an easy journey.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,958)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Flying Qantas's 737-800, it was an overall solid experience. The flight attendants and crew were very responsive given the short flight, with the pilot keeping the passengers alert of any changes or issues. The only issue, which I'm sure is what faces a lot of Qantas customers domestically is the aircraft. The 737s are tired and lack the appropriate comforts for today's flying needs.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We wait for the specials as with other airlines all extra costs for credit card purchases and seating. We were not that comfortable in a 737 where it was 3-3 seating arrangements. Very tight on seating and even in the aisle. I am sure the airlines personnel find it difficult as well, working in this confined space.
We don't like the I pad use for movies etc on Qantas flights as they have a very bad sound and the latesy movies are 5 years old

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve flown several times with Qantas and I’ve always found them to be well organised, professional and always deliver quality customer service. The flight attendant staff are always so wonderful to deal with. The airline is squeaky clean, the variety of entertainment is always great and the food isn’t too bad. I like that Qantas always have blankets and pillows available for passengers unlike other airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight was in a Dash 8 propeller jet with what appeared to be an all economy seating arrangement with a 2 by 2 seat configuration. Seats were smaller than on larger aircraft but fine for the short duration trip.

Boarded and left the flight from a stairwell from the plane to the tarmac i.e. no airbridge.

Interior luggage storage compartment area was quite small - took my back pack but not my wife’s normal sized carry-on bag. This was tagged and left at the stairs of the aircraft to be stowed in the main luggage compartment. It was delivered to the stairs of the aircraft as we left the plane - very efficient process.

Two very pleasant cabin attendants on board. Water before take off and a small packet of cookies shortly after take-off.

Approximately a 30 minute flight including the taxi to take off and land. No inflight entertainment.

The small Kingscote terminal is currently being redeveloped so there are few services here. Checked-in Bags were collected from the trolley that had been used to take them from the plane to beside the terminal.

Kingscote airport is approximately 13 kilometres from Kingscote and there is no public transport or taxis. There are however rental car outlets.