“Upgrade to Premium Economy”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed October 16, 2018

We normally use our FF points to upgrade to Business. We always find this a great experience and I can not fault the service in Business class with Qantas. This time around we thought we compare Premium Economy. The service was great, friendly and helpful though not same experience as business class. While the experience of Premium Economy was good it didn't provide good value for the FF points. The extra points would have been better "spent" upgrading to business.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,833)

Reviewed October 16, 2018

We usually fly to Australia twice a year and have always flown on Qantas. This journey was very disappointing. We flew on their new dreamliner plane and thought it would be wonderful. It wasn't! The seats are so narrow that when you are seated, you can hardly get your hand in to touch the entertainment controls. We were seated in the emergency row which is our usual place and we hadn't gained any weight since our last flight in April. The older 747 plane was much more comfortable. We are considering flying in premium economy next time but the price is much higher.

1  Thank polobear99
Reviewed October 16, 2018

What a great pleasure to fly Qantas. I had heard it was a good airline but it exceeded my expectations.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Qantas staff and service in flight have always been great however on my past 2xflight international to New Zealand - there has been poor service from the check in staff.

As an Australian permanent resident i do no require a New Zealand visa and i understand it is the duty of the check in staff to check this. However, on my last trip, as i advised them of this and showed them a copy of my Aus PR visa, the check in staff then alerted her supervisor saying there is a problem. Both of them then did not know if as an AUS perm resident i can go to NZ and asked me if i'm sure. As i assured them it is ok, they then asked for my return flight booking to Melbourne!! This is ridiculous I could fly on a one way ticket since I live and work in NZ indefinitely!! I suggest all ground staff should be properly trained instead of asking for unnecessary documents!

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We travel to Perth often and have complaint to Qantas several time regarding them using the 737 for long flights eg: Perth with 3x3 seating and small passage ways,it's cramped and uncomfortable and these flights are always full.

Nothing special about flying with Qantas,however the staff are always friendly and helpful,as they also have to work in cramped conditions.

1  Thank Janette D