“Flight to Gold Coast”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed March 26, 2019

I flew the short flight from Sydney to Gold Coast in economy. I am a gold member of QANTAS and was able to get through security and on to the plane with great ease. The flight and customer service was good. No complaints for this flight!

1  Thank kelly_w00
Write a reviewReviews (19,748)

Reviewed March 26, 2019

Was quite surprised that Qantas had brought forward my flight the one leaving at 11.55 pm on Friday to the earlier leaving at 6.30 pm. Fortunately, I had arranged to leave the office earlier than normal that day and was able to make it for the earlier flight. No reason was given by the airline. Same for the return journey to Singapore. So my holiday was cut short.

Aside from that the flight was a smooth one. Seats, in-flight entertainment, meals, refreshments all good. Cabin Crew were fantastic and attentive to passenger needs

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed March 26, 2019

I had issues with my cabin luggage on my recent trip from Melbourne to Manila via Sydney. Firstly - the domestic allowances are different to the international allowances and so when one has both a domestic and international flight to get a location, it can be very frustrating. I am a road warrior and on this trip, I took my drone with me with all its batteries. The batteries have to be in cabin baggage which then put me over the new domestic allowances of 1 bag at 10kg or 2 totalling no more than 14 kg. My Mac lap top weighs over 2 kg.. so you can see how quickly the weight creeps up. The international allowance is 1 piece at 7kg and a hand bag/small bag. Grrrr, how in the heaven is a road warrior meant to get a computer, batteries, and a few personal in flight items under 7kg??? The difference between domestic and international is ridiculous especially now the 10kg for one item when international appears to still be 7kg. Be careful folks so as to avoid the arguments at checkins, security, and/or the gate.

2  Thank ron205bor
Reviewed March 26, 2019

We flew with Qantas from Sydney to Singapore in economy, and it was terrible. We travel quite a lot but I had never seen the rows of seats so close to each other on intercontinental 9 hr flight. When the passenger in front of me reclined his seat, it was right in my face, with barely a room to breathe. When you book a discount carrier, at least you know what you sign up for, didn't expect it from flagship airline. They charge you for seat selection, customer service is non-existent. I was put on hold for 2 hours (really, no exaggeration) when my name was misspelled and I had to correct it, they also charged me $40 for updating the electronic ticket. Plane was old and dirty.

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank JN217
Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

We arrived at Auckland Qantas business lounge and what a total disappointment. The custoner service at the front entrance was very minimal with a hi and enjoy. Once we headed to the food area we were immediately dissatisfied again with what very minimal choice of food that was on offer. Altogether we had 3 different vegetarian wraps a soup and salads with crackers. Hot food was on offer which was old hash browns, old mushrooms and scrambled eggs which were so dry we couldnt eat them. They had lamb masala on the menu for all day dining however when i questioned the waiter for an order i was informed that it would be ready only at 11.30am again disappointment. We would have been better off purchasing economy seats and eating Mc Donalds and spending the extra money on a trip to the Islands. We also witnessed two wait staff making their own coffees in the customer's area of the lounge and then returning to the kitchen not to be seen for another 30mins. The place is iver staffed with little outcomes to its customers. I will be requesting a refund and will not be recommending Qantas to my friends and family. Please upgrade your facility and your staff. Its not hard to cook good meals so i suggest getting a new chef as well. The chefs also make their own coffees in front of customers using the coffee maker for themselves.

2  Thank Andy19861
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.