“It really hurt my feelings that Qatar Airways asked me get off the plane for no reason”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

According to Qatar Airways, I was offloaded (kicked off of) my flight "due to misbehavior, unruly, verbally abusive and not following crew instruction."

This really hurts my feelings because I feel that it is quite a stretch to say that I did any of these things. I did not 'misbehave' in any way. I got on the plane, put my bags away, and sat down, putting my seat belt on. Moreover, I did not use 'verbally abusive language.' As an English teacher of 11 years with a master's degree from an ivy-league university in the UK, I can tell the difference between abusive language and simply speaking directly. As for being 'unruly,' I cannot begin to imagine what that refers to. As I said before, I followed all of the normal protocol when boarding a plane, and I certainly did not ever refuse to listen to any of the flight staff or the TSA officer who told me to get off the flight.

Rules of carriage clearly state that an airline can remove a passenger even if they feel that the customer makes them feel 'uncomfortable.' This seems very vague to me. At any rate, I did not use profanity, did not use violence, did not become unruly in any way shape or form, and did not do anything that would have otherwise caused the flight crew, captain, or passengers to feel uncomfortable.

The reader should consider that although it was the captain of the flight who ultimately made the decision to remove me from the flight, I believe that the flight crew augmented and embellished my speech and actions because I honestly did not do anything wrong. I would testify in court (if it were financially viable or possible to sue the airline) everything I am saying in this review. I would hold my hand on any holy book in the world and testify to the same. I feel really offended that Qatar Airways' flight staff would not only cost me $1,500 in extra travel expenses for my missed flight, but also deeply insult me as a professional teacher. It was very embarrassing to have to get off the plane, and in 11 years of traveling around the world, I have never been asked to get off a flight.

My advice is to avoid flying on Qatar Airways. There are other airlines that fly out of Boston Logan going to Thailand. I ended up flying on Emirates (see my review), and it was a great flight with friendly staff, unlike Qatar Airways' staff.

I hope this review is helpful, and please be safe, my fellow travelers. I wish you the best on your travels! Have fun!

Best Wishes,
Brian Gardiner
MA TESOL University of Nottingham 2016
English teacher of 11 years
traveler of 11 years

3  Thank BRIAN G

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Qatar is a very accommodating airline and I thoroughly enjoyed a 22 hour flight coming and going from Africa.

The seats were comfortable and the food was available and very good. Free drinks and two checked bags were welcoming in this age of charge for everything.

It reminded me of the good old days of air travel.

1  Thank Livnhilife
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had the worst experience ever with Qatar Airways and the staff at the Doha Airport ever!
I came across the below on their website when I was booking my flights with them, so I purposely chose a flight with a longer transit in between, so I could see Doha too.

“Find a journey within a journey
Enrich every step of your journey with a complimentary tour of Doha, courtesy of Qatar Airways and Qatar Tourism Authority.
Visit four key landmarks including: The Pearl-Qatar, for the finest quality shops and restaurants; Katara Cultural Village, a centre dedicated to celebrating arts and heritage; Souq Waqif, for traditional jewellery, spices and handicrafts; and the Museum of Islamic Art, for its stunning architecture and beautiful seaside park.
All of this, while you wait to connect with your next flight.
For more information, head to the Doha City Tour desk during your transit.

I landed just in time to make it to their evening tour, which is also the last tour of the day. I had about 45min to an hour before the tour starts, so as soon as I landed, I quickly made my way to the immigration, and headed out. When I was out, I was looking for the location of the desk, where it says it’s at concourse B, between 2 mentioned shops. I managed to find WH Smith, but I didn’t see Mont Blanc next to it, and there was no ‘desk’ close by. I went to the information desk and asked where to find this tour, the lady told me it’s actually before immigration! I know I was running out of time, it wouldn’t make sense for me to go back to the other side and come back out again. Therefore I asked the lady if she could call the tour desk for me, to let them know I was waiting outside. The lady was not helpful at all, she was unwilling to call for me. I asked her what option do I have if I want to join the tour, she said I have to go back in to join the tour. Since she said this is the only option I have, so I followed her advice and went back in.
Before I went back in, I spoke to 2 other staff, I told them the reason I was out, and the reason I had to go back inside, they just said ‘okok’ and pointed towards the security and immigration to me. I wanted to make sure I can actually go back inside and come back out again afterwards. Since 2 people I’ve asked said ok, I thought it would be ok.
By the time I got back in, I finally found his desk for the tour. There was a closed sign at the desk, but I still went up to speak to the lady there, she told me I was too late, they cannot add me to the tour group any more. I explained the whole situation to her, but again, another unhelpful and rude woman. She just listened to me, and told me to come back the next day. My connecting flight was early morning, I would be gone by then! After that, she just sat back down, and ignored me.
I saw an information desk about Doha, so I went over, and asked for some information if I wanted to go out myself. (this was the only helpful and friendly guy I’ve spoken to during my time at the Doha Airport!) I’ve got all the information I need, including a map, so I was ready to go through immigration to head out again on my own this time!
However, immigration did not let me through, they said I already used my one time visa, so I can’t go out again. I explained the whole situation to the immigration officer, but he did not listen, he just waved his hand at me, and signaled me to leave. I had no choice but to leave. I went to the nearest desk next to the immigration, I explained my situation to them, and asked them for help, they were not willing to help, they just told me to apply for visa again. I told them it was their fault to begin with, telling me it’s ok to come in and go out again. Still, they were not willing to do anything.
I decided to take this complaint further. I went the Qatar Airways help desk, explained the situation to the staff. I have spoken to at 4 different staff, because they kept referring me to a different person, explained the situation to each staff separately! Again, they were not willing to do anything, or even to compensate their fault. I explained to them how unclear their website was, and I purposely booked the long transit flights for this. They said I could change to an earlier flight to leave, but that would be at my own expense! They checked that they had spare seats at the earlier flight, but still wasn’t willing to give it to me for their own fault.
I have made a complaint to Qatar Airways afterwards too, but they were just giving me some rubbish answers, ie sending me the link to their website for more information regarding the city tours, telling me that there is nothing they can do. Every time my email was answered by a different person, so the whole conversation had to start from the beginning again! Hence, I decided to let everyone know how bad my experience was. Not only their website was not clear, but their service was poor too!
1. A few ground staff reassured me it would be ok to go in and come out again
2. On the website, it stated “For more information, head to the Doha City Tour desk during your transit.” Considering I did not need ‘more information, I did not need to go to this Doha City Tour desk.
3. On the website, it also stated “Location of the desk: Beginning of Concourse B in between the Mont Blanc and WH Smith shops”. It never mentioned whether it was at landside or airside, since it’s a tour of the city, it could be at landside!
Overall the experience with both ground staff and the airline staff were seriously bad at Doha airport.

Regarding the experience on the flight. Nothing special at all. Food was only ok, I never like the food on the planes, so I rarely eat much, same as the food on Qatar Airways, it wasn’t very nice… the airhostess/airhostesses are ok, quite neutral tbh, I wouldn’t call them friendly/unfriendly, guess they just wanted to get their job done.

• Food and Beverage
2  Thank Heather_8585
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

First long haul flight. Really enjoyed Qatar onboard service, making sure that your kept hydrated, and didn't go hungry.
Comfortable seating with plenty of leg room.
Had a layover of 3 hours at Doha and a very clean end spacious airport, enjoyed a shower at airport lounge while we waited.
Recommend.

1  Thank NZBazza
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Confortable seats,good movies,smile and politeness all the way.Very happy to flight again with Qatar airways

• Food and Beverage