“Fantastic Customer Service”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed April 10, 2024

I flew with Qatar and was extremely impressed by the service. The reason I am writing this review is that due to a delay in Johannesburg (not the airlines fault, a passenger had a medical issue so the bags had to be removed) this meant that i missed my connection in Doha airport. As i was travelling alone i was very upset to have missed my next flight and didn't know what i was going to do. However as soon as i arrived in the airport terminal from leaving the plane, there were Qatar Staff members holding up signs for Manchester (my end destination). They explained to me that i had missed my flight, but they already had a new boarding pass printed for me for the next available Qatar Airways flight to Manchester in 7 hours time. Due to how long the delay was, i even got put up in the Doha Airport Oryx Garden Hotel and i got a meal voucher. I was able to have a shower, have a sleep and get some food before another long flight. The staff were very friendly and helped explain and direct me. I really enjoyed the food on the flight, the inflight entertainment was fantastic. Overall I felt very well look after and feel as though this level of customer service i have not got with other airlines. I would definitely recommend. After reading some other reviews I'm glad that i did a package deal- i had 3 flights, 2 of which were Qatar, one was a local south African airline for the last leg of my start journey/first leg of my end journey. And i found booking this meant i was guaranteed customer service especially when passing through Doha. I cant comment on what delays would have been line if i was delayed in another country but my personal experience was great.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed April 10, 2024

Service and food have both gone down the tubes. The flight attendants do not communicate with passengers to understand what he or she needs. Food taste is horrible, also they run out of vegetarian dish when the flight has originated in Bombay and 90% passengers are Indian, hello? We don’t need AI to figure out how many veggi meals to load. More training needs to be provided to flight attendants!

2  Thank Praveen C
Reviewed April 10, 2024

The checkin process was very long even though we checked in online...we booked and paid for seats aisle n window then then we get to boarding gate to be adviser the TV on my husband's seat does not work and he will get a refund , how does one travel for 8h30 with no then we get moved to middle and aisle seat then we get on the plane our bags had to be in a different section even though we were waiting in line for check in,
..then we had to sit and wait for the people to ask around...we were just told u will get a refund ...then we get moved to our 1st experience with qatar airlines unacceptable and disappointing experience and it's only first part of the journey

1  Thank Mobile33585643373
Reviewed April 9, 2024

Was a little anxious about the flight as had seen bad reviews about staff, food, seats etc. I can honestly say that the seats were comfortable, the food was great (couple of choices but nice and hot) couple of drinks and then a snack later with another drink. Can request soft drink at any time. The staff were excellent and friendly. We paid extra to sit upstairs on the plane and in my opinion it was worth it, very quiet and easy to disembark the plane. I didn’t rate the choice in entertainment but I wasn’t that bothered with it anyway. Would def fly with them again - great experience

Reviewed April 9, 2024

Horrible airline.
At Doha airport my original boarding cards were taken away and I was given new ones.
The new ones did not work through the security at Montreal airports to Toronto.
I missed my connecting flight, I lost my luggage and was out of pocket $190 for the pre booked taxi fare.
They did not owe to anything except rebooking me on a later flight 4 hours later.
This was the return leg on my journey.
On the outward journey, the plane from Montreal airport was cancelled, and they rebooked me for 2 days later. My luggage was lost for 5 days. Again, they didi not owe to anything except a simple apology.
Avoid if at all possible.

1  Thank Coastal45019706744
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.