“Average experience nothing over the expectation”
Review of Regent Airways

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Traveled twice in 2 months. Went to Chittagong from Bangkok in December & returned in January. I have flown with the airline in the domestic routes couple of times in the past. First time I have flown in an international route due to the fact that other than Thai Smile only Regent operates direct flights to CGP (Chittagong) from Bangkok. Flight to Chittagong was pretty decent. There was a delay at the runway, only because there were too many flights waiting to take-off. The 737-700 aircraft was in a pretty good condition from it's outlook. Inside it was somewhat hot. The aircon was unable to provide enough coolness. People were sweating on their seat as the plane waited in the queue to take-off. However, the cabin crew assured us that the aircon will be fine as soon we get airborne! Seats were pretty comfy but not much legroom. You can't expect to have ample legroom in a 737. Liked the interior. Just requires some attention to cleanliness but nothing big.
Take-off and landing was smooth. Traditional Bangladeshi food was provided. One thing I have noticed in my both flights, the male flight attendants do not smile at all. Especially for one them I felt like he hates his job! This obviously gave me a bad impression about their cabin service. Out of 4 cabin crew I came to see in my both flights, only one smiled and tried to give a good service. It's not just me, even my wife felt the same. No inflight entertainment. I wouldn't mind as this was just about 2 hours flight.
Return flight experience was also pretty much same except the ground service we received is below standard. We had to walk to the Tarmac carrying our hand luggage and there were no lifts in Shah Amanat International Airport to go down to the tarmac from the waiting area at the 1st floor. We had to take the stairs and we had an old lady walking in front us who was struggling to walk down the stair case. No help offered to her from Regent whatsoever. As it was a narrow staircase it took her good 5 minutes to walk down the staircase and people were lining behind her. Felt sorry for her trouble. Same aircon problem in the return flight and food scrap found in the fold up meal tray. To our surprise "Nasi Goreng" was provided in meal! While landing at Bangkok, seems like the pilot was in rush to land. Took several sharp turns and the landing was hard. I wouldn't mind flying with Regent again but the attitude of the cabin crew does gives a negative impression. If you want to compete with the other airlines in the region you must improve your cabin service and bring the international standard. I would recommend to fly with Regent but don't expect too much as this is a small airline still trying to strengthen it's feet in the industry.

Date of travel: December 2017
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
4  Thank Agontuk A

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Their service are so good.But have to improve their food quality.Their staff are also so friendly & helpful.Best flight for chittagong to Kolkata and vice versa.

Date of travel: March 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed March 17, 2018

I flew Regent for my first trip to Bangladesh, from Chittagong to Dhaka. Seeing as it was the most efficient and (being a solo female traveller), safest way to get back to the capital, I booked a flight despite some initial reservations. I had a better than expected experience - the seats were comfortable, the flight was smooth and everything really went as planned. One tip for anyone travelling this route - try to travel light as you'll have to walk on the tarmac to get to the plane and climb up. Food-wise, I requested vegetarian food, but didn't get that. So please, any travellers intending to fly domestically, ensure that you have something to eat before flying. Will definitely recommend Regent for a positive experience and am looking forward to my next trip.

Date of travel: January 2018
Reviewed March 10, 2018

As a frequent flyer, I was anxious to see what this small airline and regional airport could offer and was not disappointed. Flight was on time, airport TSA and airline personnel were accommodating and friendly. A no frills, but more than adequate, alternative to the larger, commercial carriers and the international (significantly more hectic) airports. Will definitely be flying this route with Regent Airlines again.

Date of travel: February 2018
Reviewed March 7, 2018

They can provide shuttle service from CGP to Chittagong city like other airlines providing in the airport.

Date of travel: January 2018