“Flew Melbourne to London with two stops”
Review of Royal Brunei Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'd heard good things about this airline but also read some negative reviews. The flights were good. Excellent service from the stewards - particularly towards women travelling on their own with babies - but they were great with all the children. Note there were a number of children on the flights but there was minimal noise and everyone seemed happy. We paid extra for bulk head seats which was worth the money. The food was fine. Having 3 eight hour flights worked - it is good to get out and stretch the legs.

Only grip and nothing to do with the airline - we bought some expensive whiskey at Tullermarine which was confiscated as it was not in a sealed bag. The bottle was not opened but it was not in a sealed bag. There were a number of travellers that lost their bottles.

2  Thank Stephanie W
There are newer reviews for Royal Brunei Airlines

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This is one of the good airlines that offer flight out from Melbourne. I flow them to my home country-Vietnam. And the flight is transit in Brunei. Melbourne-Brunei 7.5 hours, averagely in flight food (To be honest, I never find in flight food great, even I tried the business class of Cathay). Entertaining were okay, not much choice of music or sort of nowadays music. But the flight attendant were really good, extra point for service, and their friendliness. 30kg allowance baggage, if you are student in Australia, flying to your home country (of course transit in Brunei), and have a valid student card, you have an extra of 15 kg baggage, which is 45 kg of baggage and 7 kg of carry-on luggage.

1  Thank William L
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Just a short hop over the water. Having spent a good two hours enjoying the delights of Sky Lounge we made our way downstairs to board the aircraft. The girl dealt with us quickly and we were off down the gangway only for me to remember that I had left my walking stick. Having recovered it I joined my wife on board being royally welcomed. I took my seat and stowed my hand luggage. I was quickly given a drink and offered a hot towel. The plane left about half an hour late but made up the time and we landed on time. We were served a full meal most of which I could not eat but it was of good quality. Dry Airline so coffee etc served. Cabin crew were attentive and cheerful. Worth using this airline.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I recently flew on this airline for the first time and was very happy with the service of staff and the leg room on this plane. The plane was a relatively new 787 and was well kept ant tidy. The meals were above average for an airline and large, enough to keep me nourished for the entire flight.
This airline does not serve alcohol. It is the first Alcohol free flight I have been on, and am a convert. Staff aren't constantly running up and down to serve people, and it allows for a quieter than average flight.
I would definitely fly on this airline again if I had the opportunity. I give this airline two thumbs up.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

After much tooing and froing I was able to take my place on the flight with my wife. The seat were ample and comfortable. The stewards were excellent. I suddenly felt unwell with a bit of heat exhaustion. The steward was quick to provide a cold damp towel which brought me back and also a dry one as well. The food was excellent and plentiful. It should be noted that this airline like the country is dry, but that should not bother anyone at all. I am looking to flying with them tomorrow when we fly to Singapore.