“Priority Boarding is a waste of money”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed October 14, 2018

The flight itself left on time and the staff were professional, courteous and efficient. However, I paid for priority booking, paid for my seat and paid for 2 cabin bags. I arrived on time, the ground staff called the flight, I got into the priority line. One attendant checked passports of priority passengers another simultaneously checked nonpriority boarding passengers. There was a special holding area for priority, which looked logical, however when they opened the door for the runway nonpriority passengers exited the building first. Priority passengers were at the back of the line and when we entered the plane were no overhead luggage space left, I had to store it uncomfortably under my seat. The moral of the story, don't pay for additional services, these services aren't available in most European airports, especially in Germany, and Ryanair shouldn't be allowed to advertise them.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (54,540)

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Plane lands as the airport in Murcia and has 30min to depart. We are in a queue waiting to board. We are allowed to board after 45min and immediately you can see the set have not been cleaned and there are crumbs everywhere on the seat.

Ryanair, is operating what is suppose to be cheap but its not cheap as the cost offood on the plane is extortion, but if you are going to eat in the plane which is so filthy, my appetite is no longer there

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

For sure Ryanair has reached the lowest point ever for me. A flight cancellation with no support for me is a no go. I can understand a cancellation, but I expect that everything is down to allow the passenger to be back home. I had to spent part of my vacation to find by myself a flight back. And pay a lot of money by myself, hoping I get a refund.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

I set off extra early and caught the Stansted Express from Tottenham Hale, where the friendly and helpful train staff checked my online ticket by eye, no scanners that I could see, it was not busy and they let me through quickly and directed me to the correct platform and told me the time of the next Stansted Express train. NOTE Important to check, especially if in a hurry, because other trains run on the same line.... not going to Stansted!
On arrival at Stansted, there was quite a long wait to exit the station as all tickets were checked again by eye. Once in the airport, as I had already checked in online I went straight to departures, where a much longer wait because the baggage checkers seemed to be checking every other bag by hand. So very slow going, I waited at least 10 minutes for my turn. As I was early I was able to keep calm and quiet while the checker chatted with her colleagues, ignoring the growing frustration of passengers some of whom were clearly running late and so showing signs of frustration.
From then on, all was pretty straight forward, the Ryanair flight was on time, I flew economy with no extras and hate queueing so just waited and watched as people queued. I noticed that many in the first queue were turned away when they reached the boarding desk because they hadn't realise they had joined the 'Priority queue' They then had to join the back of the second 'Economy" queue and were not happy.
I dont think the RyanAir signage or announcement was clear enough and as far as I recall is only in english , so I would recommend if you are queueing to board, make sure you check you are in the right queue for your ticket to avoid wasting time and getting wound up!
In contrast, because I was one of the last to board, my trolley bag, which I had expected to go in the hold, was allowed on board with me..so no waiting at the other end.
This was a relatively short flight, my one way £19 seat had been randomly picked and allocated, as I am 6ft I was pleased to discover I was sitting in the aisle. I had no complaints and was able to read and relax without as often happens, being bumped or gouged by the passing trolleys. Staff were quiet, friendly and flight was smooth and easy. At the other end I exited the airport without any hold ups ...or wait for my bag.
NB. I did notice that some people who had paid extra and pre booked their seats were sitting in spacious whole row to themselves, which if the flight was longer I would have appreciated. Think next time I might pay the extra and hope for the additional room.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

On a recent holiday to Majorca we saw an advert offering car hire through Ryanair we saw it was cheap and thought as it was through Ryanair it would be genuine haha Well we booked car hire for 2days and it was about £37 we had to go to Palma airport to pick up the car which was no problem as we were only 10 mins away we were advised told to wait for confirmation email which never came so on arrival at the airport we still had no information about which desk to go to in the airport so went to Ryanair info desk they had no info on car hire but gave us a customer service helpline number we got through n spoke to an advisor who which took 20mins. We went to Goldcar car rental desk and we were told we had to pay over €100 for fuel and over €1000 deposit for insurance which we would get back in a month which took us and other customers at the desk by utter surprise and disgust as this was no where stated at the time of booking we didn’t get the car and when emailing Ryanair to get our money back we’re told we were a no show 1.5 hours after receiving confirmation email which we argued we didn’t receive so we couldn’t get a refund we found the whole experience misleading and criminal.
So please be careful when using this sort of booking abroad as it’s a total rip-off