“Only Good If You intend To Sleep”
Review of Saudia Airlines

Reviewed December 11, 2017

Despite the title, it was not even comfortable to begin with. But yes, I did sleep for at least half of the 8 hour journey.
Most of the LCD monitors were not working and there we were staring at the blank screen, with not even a flicker. No books or magazines were in offer (even the in flight magazine were not available at every seat). There were rubbish from previous flights not picked up from the seats' storage pockets. I cannot imagine when was the last time they vacuumed the place. Air sickness bags were not replenished and we had 2 passengers asking for them but the air stewardess were very slow to provide them.
The toilets were nit regularly checked and the paper bin was overflowed.
Food was terrible (badly served by rude stewardess, dinner rolls were almost stale, cakes were dry, vegetables were overcooked, rice for dinner was over-boiled and for breakfast was dry, no plain water was given with the package and tea was only served much later - one could choke!).
Group checking in was chaotic but thank God the immigration process were very efficient.
The flight crew could use with more smiles and more proficient English and/or Arabic. We were treated like beggars in that flight and this was not our first experience with Saudia but certainly the worst!

2  Thank Puti Mazura M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,820)

Reviewed December 11, 2017

What an unfortunate thing it was to book a ticket with Saudia Airline. I had to cancel my flight for personal reasons and I was looking forward to have my allowed refundable amount by the airline. I called the company and the customer service personnel were clueless and rude. They told me that they would send me an update regarding my claim in four to six weeks (positive or negative outcome). They never did.
I called them six weeks later and they were still particularly unpleasant and nothing came out of that conversation. After that, I’ve sent them three emails requesting my allowed refundable amount and each of the got denied with no explanation at all.
I called for a third time and it was always the same unpleasant and clueless voice. I felt like I fell in a bureaucratic trap that they’ve created just to make me confuse so they won’t have to work any further on my case. I’ve took the plane more than 50 times in my life and I’ve never had that much trouble before.
In the future, I will avoid Saudia Airline and I encourage you to do the same.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

The service was excellent. The food is very good. Free comfort packs and ear phones were given out. There were pillows and blankets to use free of charge. I was very impressed that all swear words are 'bleeped' out of all the movies and programs. No alcohol is available on this airline. No alcohol is available in any of the Saudi airports either. My booking stated only one stop but there were two. We changed planes at the first stop but stayed on the plane at the second for about an hour then took on more passengers.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

First of all easy to check-in and locate the best preferable seats. Everything was good in the flight and most importantly they have new flights.

Of course their service quality has tremendously improved after joining the "SkyTeam Alliance"

Reviewed December 6, 2017

The staff (Checking counter personnel to the flight crew) show good hospitality & caring to make your trip enjoyable.