“Not bad airline, but avoid Jeddah airport.”
Review of Saudia Airlines

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Airline itself is not bad. In flight entertainment good, food OK, service fine. However switching planes in Jeddah was a nightmare. No jet bridges at all. Long way bus travel from and to airplane. Waiting room looks like a refugee camp. People seat on the ground - big crowd, no space. I went to washroom, opened the door and moved back. Filth and stench was overwhelming.
Service an the plane was good. Drinks served all time, 3 times food. As this is Saudi airline i notices some particularities. Obviously no alcohol. Movies were censored. Women naked arms and also crosses - even in the cementary - were "smudged -out" in all movie scenes.
One complain was long wait for the baggage in Toronto. However it was not the airline fault, as the huge amount of luggage was delivered to the carousel all time.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

My dad used this airline to go to India with a stop at Jeddah airport.

As a visible Sikh he found the staff rude, disrespectful and very discriminatory at Jeddah airport. The amenities are very poor unless you pay $33 for the first class lounge where there are amenities to relax, eat and drink. My dad’s flight was delayed 6 hours and the staff were not very helpful at all.

The flight itself was mediocre, nothing special. Their inflight meals were only fish or meat. They do not offer vegetarian food at all. No alcohol is available on the airline for those who drink.

If you are of Indian descent I would avoid this airline and connecting flights as they treat you like dirt.

The whole experience resulted in my dad refusing to fly back home to London with them, he booked himself another airline.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Starting with a schedule change twice within an hour just as I was heading for the airport, the flight left an hour late anyway. Saudia staff did not keep customers updated, leaving staff from other airlines trying to help out. Needless to say this annoyed all passengers waiting to embark. When Saudia staff did turn up they all thought it was very funny. Passengers did not. In-flight entertainment mediocre and limited to a single small screen every 5 rows of seats. Food edible but tasteless and of poor quality. Saudia is cheap, but this flight seemed cheaper than most. Frankly as the national carrier of Saudi Arabia I'd expect far better from them! This was embarrassingly bad. When you combine these factors with the usual hassle of changing flights at unfriendly Riyadh it's an airline best avoided.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

I booked with Saudia because of the price; it was about 150-200 USD cheaper than the next non-direct flight. I had some hesitations with using this airline as per reviews, but given the fact that we were on budget and I am okay with budget airlines service, then this should be okay.

Ground Check-in in Manila was not fast. We were only like 1h away from boarding time but we were still in the check-in line (which supposedly be the check in gates closing time). Nonetheless, we were able to board the plane.

We boarded big planes from Manila to Riyadh and from Jeddah to Manila as well from Saudi to Turkey. The seats were comfortable, leg room was okay. They provided a kit comprising of sleeping pads, socks, toothbrush, toothpaste. They also provide earplugs in a sealed plastic (makes me wonder if they are one time use only, but it does seem to be). The TV screen was of similar size to other airlines I have tried. Movie selections were also good (not very latest, but at least decent to watch). Food was served twice (mnl-saudi) and once on saudi to turkey, vv. It was actually something I can eat (for someone not a fan of curry-based food) and I remember 1 or 2 meals that were actually very palatable. No juices/specialty drinks being served, only coffee and tea.

I had no baggage issues. Only in Manila airport, they were able to open my luggage (but I guess its the Manila customs is at fault here)

Airline crew: Mixed reactions here. There were friendly staff and there were slightly not very friendly. But on overall, they are still helpful.

My only complaint will be the one experience in Jeddah, when our flight to Manila was delayed and there was no proper info. The process here was also relatively disorganized.

I think we might use them again given the competitive prices they provide.

Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

The flight attendents were very friendly but this is my second flight this year with malfunctioning television screens. On both flights the attendents tried to fix the problem and then gave me a polite shrug. The seats were uncomfortable and left me feeling like I had a hanger sticking into my back the whole flight. They were also extremely slow getting our luggage to the carousel. We waited well over an hour at the carousel and that is after going through passport control.