“A hop away”
Review of Shanghai Airlines

Reviewed September 7, 2018

A short hop from Shanghai. Airline is subsidiary of China Eastern. Very comfortable and roomy for me. Generally, I fly economy plus for extra room but this was “OK”!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We paid for 1st class but turned out to be just business so they scammed us because we booked from overseas.
They don't have bottle water or any wines to offer and the food just terrible.
We were flying with a baby and the toliets do even have changing table.
Will not recommend to anyone. If you travel domestic in China better to get the high speed railway instead of flying. Lesson learned.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

My first time to fly with Shanghai Airlines and I’m not disappointed, I traveled on Shanghai Airlines (IATA code: FM) flight from Chengdu to Shanghai and back,
The plane was good ( New Boeing 737). The food and beverage was excellent, The air hostesses were lovely and so cheerful and very helpful, they took a very good care of my young daughter during the two flights, The two flights were very pleasant, Thank you for good service.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed August 23, 2018

I was fortunate to be upgraded on this flight to Shanghai which made up for the 2 hour delay due to weather in HKG.

We had to be bussed to our plane and boarding took awhile since it was raining outside and they only opened one of the bus doors to funnel passengers to the stairway. The plane was an older A330.

The seat was not as comfortable as I would have expected considering it had so many adjustments and would even lie flat. The entertainment system had a large flat screen but was a bit dated with the wired handheld control needed to select channels, adjust volume, etc.

There was a lot of confusion after we boarded since we were told different stories about our delay. The worst was being told about a one hour delay and then minutes later the plane started to move.

We had three dinner options: shrimp, beef or cod. The cod selection turned out to be quite tasty and one of the best fish eaten on an airplane. However, the black ink couscous or something like it was horrible. The pate appetizer was good.

The overall flight was relatively smooth after we finally got airborne. The attendants provided good service throughout the flight. Shanghai is a Delta Sky Team partner.

I am not sure I will fly them again as there are better airlines out there..

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Bad flight experience, poor food, not working entertainment system, keep changing seat after takeoff. Not recommended for business trip.