“Premium Economy disappointing!!”
Review of Singapore Airlines

Reviewed November 22, 2017

I travel on a regular basis oversea's and being tall always travel Premium economy whenever this class is available. For my recent trip to Singapore I chose to fly Singapore Airlines (A380) for the first time as they are aligned to Virgin Australia with whom I am a frequent flyer gold member and Virgin aircraft do not fly into Singapore.
With Singapore airlines the only real on board extra you get for the extra money you pay is a larger seat and extra leg room. In the aircraft there is no cabin separation curtain drawn because you are required to use the economy bathrooms. The food is served on trays with plastic cups etc the same as economy and food quality is average. The crew do not offer a drink prior to departure. There is not a snack or drinks bar available for you to use whilst in flight. There does not appear to be any cabin crew allocated to the Premium Cabin. The final negative is that even after phoning Singapore Airlines the only way for our travel agent was able to allocate a seat number is to pay Singapore Airlines an additional $100 per person and if this was not done you took pot luck when checking in, this is a joke considering the extra money you pay for the seat. The above omissions are offered with both Virgin and Qantas and can speak from experience, with these airlines you get a much higher quality personal service with the extras.
I will not be travelling with this airline again.

4  Thank Warren B
Write a ReviewReviews (14,127)

Reviewed November 22, 2017

The Good stuff - Brand new A350-900 with a chic modern interior in faultless condition. Cabin crew greet you by name and generally set the bar for service excellence.Food is delicious, wines superb and the IFE offers a huge variety to choose and watch on a wide screen tv.

The not so good - as Platinum One World I have done over 60 flights UK/Syd past 5 years. Experienced premium airlines in J class, from middle east - Asian and European carriers. Singapore Airlines seats - least comfortable I've been in!! You're required to get up and fold bed down for sleep and vice versa to eat. Virtually impossible to get comfortable to watch TV or sit up for dinner service without going through the motions of manually adjusting seat. Controls are situated down low and very awkward to use without disjointing your arm. When you are are sleeping you're at an angle with feet jammed into a cubby hole. The seating on this and the 777-300ER are the same. I believe the new A380's also similar set up. To me the seating and bed comfort are No 1 priority for 24 hour flight. Sadly I will not be rushing back to Singapore Airlines due to their seats.. I was in 12A on both aircraft types.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

i have never before received such an outstanding service and attention from an airline staff. food was also good and plenty and free of charge

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

I flew with Singapore airlines to Singapore in November and it was my birthday, they brought out cheese cake, teddies and champagne. This airline couldn’t do enough to help and was willing to make sure you enjoyed your flight. They had a really safe and welcoming feel. I would fly with them again and recommend to anyone. Amazing airline!!

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

For just no reason, I was not convinced booking my trip with Singapore Airline. But I will admit that I was impressed with the service. The cabin crews are hospitable and work tirelessly looking after passengers. They frequently walk the Aisles and offer passengers refreshments so there is no need for you to hit up that call up button in your seat. Toiletries including dental kit and comb provided and can be located in the lavatory drawers. I just have to address an area for improvement and that is the cleanliness of the cabin, the windows where the blind sits are filthy in the 4 different airplane I boarded, some debris from previous passengers can be located in the seat pockets. This is what we see so it is important to have this fixed.

Otherwise, everything is good and for sure will not be my last trip with SIA.