“Full flight reflected in mediocre service”
Review of Singapore Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew back on the A380, upper deck. Unfortunately this was a full flight, every seat taken, which we knew when we booked and had to select individual seats located one behind the other in the centre of the row. Normally I find the A380 spacious and would select a flight using this aircraft, but in doing so would select a window seat on the upper deck. This however is the first time I have found the seat restrictive, lacking legroom and generally uncomfortable, oh how I miss my window seat. Service on board appeared limited, likely due to the volume of passengers, but the entertainment system was reasonable. I'm glad we had access to the lounge before the flight for a drink and early evening meal.Unlike the vast majority of the flights with Singapore this one lacked that special Singapore Airlines touch - just average.

3  Thank Escape-overseas
Write a ReviewReviews (10,188)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What an easy experience. From Brisbane to Singapore we upgraded to Business Class, at an affordable price and thank you to the lovely staff at the Lounge for looking after us. Arrived in Singapore relaxed and continued in Economy Class with comfortable leg space and excellent service from all staff. Couldn't complain at all, even the turbulence didn't cause staff issues serving clients. Very professional with a personal touch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very excited about the A350-900 experience from Brisbane to Singapore. Unfortunately my seat (15A) was broken and did not recline/adjust. Having paid close to $7000 for this ticket I was pretty disappointed. The on board team were excellent and manually pushed it back into a semi recline but no further adjustments were possible.

What surprised me the most was the response to my feedback from the customer affairs team after the flight. Here it is....….

“Whilst we acknowledge there was an issue with the electronic functionality of the seat, it was still able to be adjusted manually by the cabin staff. As they were not made aware of any further discomfort or received no further adverse comments from you regarding the situation, they were not of the opinion that a seat change was necessary.

I have certainly looked again at what happened and considered everything you have told us, however I am unable to offer any compensation in this instance.”

I expected a better response from the after service team.

I will be looking at Emirates or Etihad or even Qantas for future trips back to London.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

pleasant flight coming back from Singapore. Took off more or less on time, and arrived half an hour early. Service on the flight was so so, did not have much choice (only 1 of 3 available by the time the trolley came to me) when it comes to lunch. Also air stewardess is not as attentive or friendly as the one on my way out of London 2 weeks earlier. But hey, we all have our off days, so perhaps she is having one of those that day.
The in flight entertainment is great -plenty of choice when it comes to movies and music.
Overall, a pretty pleasant flight home

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was the leg of my journey that I was looking forward to the most. I had heard great things about this airline - my mum always travels business class with them when she visits. I don't know if it was because they were operating on behalf of Air New Zealand and there were monetary constraints, but this flight was really disappointing. The plane seemed very old. The seats were ultra small - the gentleman next to me spilled onto my seat and he was only average size. The controller for the in flight entertainment was attached to the inside of the arm rest by a cord, further cutting down space.The in flight entertainment was also the least impressive out of all the airlines we used for our trip.They ran out of the chicken meal and from what I saw - and heard - I wasn't the only one to leave most of the beef meal. The snack rolls were very dry and I actually left this flight hungry - a first on a long haul flight! The female cabin crew were all very pleasant and everything was done with a smile- it's a pity the male counterpart couldn't be as nice, he was obviously having a bad day. All in all I really expected more from this airline.