“Code sharing flight”
Review of South African Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Due to the fact that this was a code sharing flight with Lufthansa I was not able to book my seat for free more than 23 hours before the flight (something you can do if you fly with SAA). Luckily the flight was rather empty and I had an open seat next to mine – giving me personal space on this long flight. Food on this ten hour flight was of a high quality, especially breakfast: a choice between a warm and continental breakfast. The light attendants were rather unfriendly (I suppose they would call them “professional”) and did only the minimum (no water or juices were served throughout this long flight – something that is standard practice with other airlines). At the end of the flight one of the toilets were dirty.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,510)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was delayed due to technical issues. It was scheduled to depart at 06:00, but only left much later. Fortunately my meeting in JHB was for 10:00 or I would have been late.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ok the flight was delayed with 14 hours. That can happen. I’m flying business class and than you expect some extra services when delays are happening. Well NOT. Don’t count on this airline. They have no idea what service is. They seem to have organized hotels. But we never got there as nobody and I mean nobody could tell us where to go. We went from travel ticket to check-in to counter and counter. Got send from a to b to c. Did t get the needed hotel name (got 2) no support nothing. Ended up in the wrong hotel. Lucky they had a room so stayed there. But as I noticed already with the flight this airline doesn’t know what service means. AVOID THEM. Not worth looking at when you want to fly. Spend a bit more and fly a descent carrier.
Note this year I did approx 65 flights so I think I can compare carriers.
Note 2. Wrote to customer service via mail and messenger and yes as expected no reaction (tells the story about their customers service mindset, doesn’t exists)

2  Thank Michiel T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food Good. Comfortable seats. Very Clean. Service from flight attendants excellent. I was most impressed by the efficiency of the staff before and after boarding and the excellent service I received.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family of 4 flew from Johannesburg to Cape Town with South African airways. We had landed in Johannesburg from a long flight from JFK, New York prior to this second leg of our flight. The process of rechecking including reloading of our bags was smooth and quick. We did not experience any delays. Our bags arrived in a timely manner at Cape Town airport. The ground staff and air staff were extremely courteous. I would very highly recommend flying by South African airways to anyone flying from Johannesburg to Cape Town.