“Two European Flights with TAP”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Recently flew twice with TAP (London - Lisbon & Lisbon - Prague). After reading some bad reviews I was a little apprehensive, but no huge dramas for us, first flight was on time and everything fine, but we did have a delay of over an hour on our Lisbon - Prague flight & had to wait in a bus on the tarmac for a while, also they tried to make us check our one small carry on trolley case, even though we only had one item to go in the overhead bin between two people. This is quite annoying when you have less than your allocation, but seems to be a constant issue on European flights (not just TAP).

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (13,363)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Transfer in LIS takes time. Planes are parked on an outside position, far away from the terminal, buses take about 10 min. to get to the terminal.
Hand luggage rules are very strict with TAP. In Lome they weigh it and anything more than 8 kg does not pass. They charge 80,-€ per bag per leg!! I think this is ridiculous. In LIS they wanted to tag my approved hand luggage and put it in the belly, but they did not want to check it through to my end destination. I had a transfer flight and would have lost my bag in FRA.
Seats in Economy are very tight. Luckily the middle seat was free. No entertainment for a 7 hour flight, one drink one lunch box that was it.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had to cancel roundtrip from Lisbon to Malaga due to illness of my husband. Had insurance. Submitted all documents. Received zero of compensation. The reason? Our American passports. The representative of insurance company Allianz said they give reimbursment to Portugese citizen only. “Read our policy attentively”; - her advise was.
Great policy! What time you live, dear TAP? And if you consistent, you have to serve your flight meal to Holders of Portugese passports exclusively? Thank you for great lesson of democracy.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would advise you to avoid this airline at all costs. During my first and definitely last return flight with this airline I was firstly delayed over 24 hours due to the airline overbooking the flight by not just one or two people but 11 people!! I was kept waiting for almost 5 hours at the airport before being told I wouldn't be able to fly that day as planned. Compensation was promised, none was paid out. 5 months have now passed and despite weekly emails, letters, social media messages and phone calls I have still not received even so much as a single response. My return flight was also delayed by 3 hours without any explanation given. TAP airline are a disgrace and a corrupt cheating airline that don't deserve to be in business any longer. Save yourself hell and spend the extra little bit of money and fly with a decent reputable airline.

Date of travel: June 2018
2  Thank Benjamin 1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I flew from Gran Canaria to Toronto doing an scale to Lisbon every time: 4 flights in total. Every one had a delayed, 1 hour and 15 minutes was the shortest time I had to wait.

If you have other connections or you have scheduled your time in your destination, definitively you have to avoid this company.

I never will choose it again

Date of travel: November 2018