“Pitiful customer service”
Review of Transavia

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is the strangest airline I've ever flown on. Upon arrival at Paris Orly, we approached the baggage dropoff clearly identified as Transavia's with a giant sign. We were then told we must go down two floors to some other underground maintenance closet-like area to drop off our bag as our 300 Euros worth of airline tickets did not rate service at the main counter. Whatever. We located the lower caste area and dropped off our bag. We then went back up to the main airport area and again walked past the "important people" check-in to the very end of the airport and boarded a bus that took us to another building some 20 minutes away.

Upon arrival in the outbuilding full of cigarette smoke, everyone began lining up in the Transavia area for what looked like about ten different flights. Several hundred people all crowded in together into one mass of confusion. Boarding for our flight was finally announced nearly 45 minutes after the original takeoff time in French only, because this is France and speakers of other languages are not tolerated here well. Once my wife and I approached the ticket checking person, she glared angrily at my wife, who was pulling our single small carry-on bag and a very small purse. She began shouting at my wife in broken English that she could not have a carry-on and a small purse. She literally shouted at her "PLACE THE CARRY-ON ON THE SIDE! YOU CANNOT HAVE TWO! YOU WILL BE TAXED!!!!!" I told her "No problem, we will put the small purse inside the carry-on". She rolled her eyes and snapped "DO IT NOW, RIGHT HERE! QUICKLY! BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!!!" I noticed that almost every other passenger on our flight had a carry-on and at least two or three large shopping bags. I assume it's just non-white passengers that are so closely scrutinized by Transavia. The flight was only half-full anyway, so it was laughable how ridiculous they were about my wife's small purse. This was not one of their cheap flight days, either. We paid almost 300 Euro for two one-way tickets from Paris to Venice.

The plane itself had decent seats with plenty of legroom, which I was happy to see. Even still, the plane looked like it had never been washed and you could not see out the windows it was so dirty. The flight crew were much more friendly than the ground crew at Orly, but due to the way those people treated my wife and I, we won't be using their services again. I thought a European company, in 2018, would not stoop so low as to treat customers in a racist manner, but I guess I was incorrect. Two stars only because of the decent legroom on the flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (45,367)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Wow, just great. Dutch organization (flawless...and I am Canadian, not Dutch so it's not patriotism talking). Website, Check in, baggage recall well done. . Friendly staff, timely service, spacious plane (for modern aircraft), GREAT pricing when booked well in advance. Transavia acts like a well run full service airline except for the pricing. We will definitely use them again when in Europe.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

our out and return flight was on time without any dramas .the cabin crew were polite and very helpful.I'm looking at destinations from Schipol with Transavia

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nothing special except that stewardesses could be les arrogant and aggressive.
The passenger didn't put the bag in overhead luggage bin properly. Stess said: This is not god madam. Next time do it yourself !
It sounds quite arrogant or at least unpolite. It is not the first time to experience that at TA aircraft.

Ticket is inexpensive but it doesn't mean that stess should be unpolite.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It's very good company! For me - it's exellent! With no problems! Cabin crew was very good! They help us for everything!