“Thumbs up”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great flight from Dar es Salaam to Brussels! The seats were comfortable, the movies were awesome (I watched Ghost in a Shell and The Revenant), the staff was attentive, etc. I particularly enjoyed the film they made with a magician to get people's attention about the security recommendations (fastening the seat belt and the like). They got my full attention! Good job! We stopped in Istanbul for a few hours. That's a convenient airport. I had lunch in the food court, wrote to a few friends and bought a couple of things for myself. I didn't see the time pass by. Thumbs up!

• In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (16,729)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

In my 60 years of life, I have flown many airlines to over 60 countries and know good business class service. I flex Turkish airlines in 2014 and had so so results but my fiancé was flying to Addis and we felt Turkish had a good reputation and would have good business class. The first problem was the bad service at business class check in. She was in 1D and we tried to move her to another row, but the agent was curt and unhelpful. She did tell us that the seat was the window seat we requested. This first experience left me very unsatisfied, so I called my finance once she was on the plane. The agent had put her in the middle seat, 1D, and did not tell us. The in-flight crew was rude to her when she requested help, as was the gate agent. She has never complained about an airline before. I am very disappointed that Turkish Airlines, from a country I love, really does not know how to do business class. When you travel business class from San Francisco internationally, you pay a lot, so you at least want an effort in the service area. I highly recommend against flying Turkish in business class if you want any value from your money!!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I prefer Turkish airlines if it is possible, especially for long trips.In couple of months I had more than 40.000 miles on air :) and 6 of my them is long destinations and three of them was by Turkish airlines.Perfect.First ,the seat leg distance is good, as all the airlines trying to make it shorter to take more customer to the airplane.Second, the food is very satisfying.I have never seen a fuller tray in any other airline,and also very delicious food.Third, the cruise, always with genuine smile, polite and patient and it is always the same.And the entertaintment options and quality is very good.Never the last, the complimantary bag is very nice. This time they added slipper and lip balm also which I still use. Also the wc are clean and has space.I strongly recommend Turkish airlines .

Reviewed April 4, 2018

It was a good journey. The staff was friendly and nice. Also they provided a night kit for us. One reason why I enjoy internaitonal flights i that they have good collection of new movies and Turkish Airlines did not disappoint.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I had a flight from JFK NYC to Budapest,Hungary. I went to the check in desk to weigh my carry on luggage and the lady said that the weight was ok and I was able to use it as a carryon. After waiting for 45 minutes after our flight was DELAYED for unknown reasons AND WITHOUT EXPLANATION, when I got to the gate there were two men with Turkish airlines who stopped me. They picked up my standard carry on luggage and said my carry on was too heavy to be taken on the flight. Actually he said “oh Look at the hard time I’m having picking up this luggage. This is too heavy to take on the plane.” (Mind you I could easily pick up the luggage and I’m a short woman). When I tried to explain to them that the lady at check in weighed my carryon and she said that the weight was fine and they rudely responded to me “It doesn’t matter what you say because it’s too heavy to be used as a carryon. Look I can barely pick it up.” I continued to try and reason with them and said I can pick up my luggage easily and even asked for them to bring a luggage scale out to weigh the luggage but they refused and were very rude. So for time sake I allowed them to check in my bag at the gate. He gave me a ticket and said it’d be checked in. So after my long 13 hour international flight to Budapest, Hungary I arrive to find out that the men wrote a different destination on my ticket and that my luggage was in another country. You can imagine how frustrating, upsetting and disappointing this is. I was in another country without my necessities such as underwear, toothbrush, socks, fresh clothes and etc. I literally only had the clothes on my back! Also to be told there’s nothing they can do except wait to deliver my luggage, no offer to rectify the situation nothing to compensate me or to even offer me a toothbrush! This could have all been avoided if the men would have not been so negligent and put the correct destination on my ticket or even let me take my carry on luggage! I left Budapest airport in tears and defeat because all I had were the clothes on my back. I did not catch the men’s names but they were at JFK airport, terminal 1, for the NYC to IST flight at Gate 6. The flight was suppose to be ‪at 12:10 am‬ but was delayed for 45 minutes. I don’t know if that helps to track down these men but I hope it does so that Turkish airlines can send them for training or to discuss with them how serious this matter is. I received my bag two days later during the night when the lady at the airport promised that it would be delivered earlier! And when I received it, it had missing items! So on top of losing my luggage and me having to be without clothes and basic necessities for two days some of my items are missing! Ive never ever had this issue with any other airlines I have flown with. And the lack of customer help is horrendous! I had to send email after email and call several times while I was in another country just to get my luggage tracked! Do you know how difficult that is? Especially when you have limited ways to make contact because my phone service didn’t work out there. So instead of enjoying my vacation I had to purchase necessities and clothes that I had in my luggage that they lost and call and email their company just to find out where my luggage was. They didn’t even offer to give me money to buy some necessities, or give me necessities or a stipend or even offer to at least upgrade my flight for the trouble they caused me! Delta airlines cancelled a flight and they gave me $100 in future flight purchases and a flight upgrade to first class to apologize but Turkish Airlines has done absolutely nothing! They didn’t even give me a toothbrush to use! Horrible customer service with this airline! I will never fly with them again and I will continue to share this story with friends, family and everyone I speak too about my experience until Turkish Airlines changes their approach to customers and their belongings! And employees need to be less negligent as well!

***btw these photos of our dirty pillows are from our first connecting flight