“Good timeing, friendly staff, good food and space...”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I have flown with many airlines on this route and I still enjoy Turkish Airlines the best. Their friendly, cheerful, helpful staff are a credit to them. The seats on this route are larger than on other airlines on the same route, the in flight entertainment is varied and generally up to date. The food is some of the best I have tasted on my various flights. No airline food is going to be perfect because of the nature of the challenges but Turkish Airlines do a good job. On the route I take between LHR and Dar es Salaam there is a short stop over at Istanbul. Sometimes very short, like less than one hour from landing to taking off again. In these instances the ground crew are totally organised and usher you through smoothly and without fuss. What I especially admire about these short stop overs is that my hold baggage has also always made the transition equally smoothly and arrived on the same flight as me at my destination.
The final and possibly the most important to some, including me, is the price... They can offer all this at excellent prices without compromising on their quality.
In summing up I would have no qualms in recommending Turkish Airways and will fly with them whenever the opportunity arises.
Thank you.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (19,345)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great flight from Dar es Salaam to Brussels! The seats were comfortable, the movies were awesome (I watched Ghost in a Shell and The Revenant), the staff was attentive, etc. I particularly enjoyed the film they made with a magician to get people's attention about the security recommendations (fastening the seat belt and the like). They got my full attention! Good job! We stopped in Istanbul for a few hours. That's a convenient airport. I had lunch in the food court, wrote to a few friends and bought a couple of things for myself. I didn't see the time pass by. Thumbs up!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

In my 60 years of life, I have flown many airlines to over 60 countries and know good business class service. I flex Turkish airlines in 2014 and had so so results but my fiancé was flying to Addis and we felt Turkish had a good reputation and would have good business class. The first problem was the bad service at business class check in. She was in 1D and we tried to move her to another row, but the agent was curt and unhelpful. She did tell us that the seat was the window seat we requested. This first experience left me very unsatisfied, so I called my finance once she was on the plane. The agent had put her in the middle seat, 1D, and did not tell us. The in-flight crew was rude to her when she requested help, as was the gate agent. She has never complained about an airline before. I am very disappointed that Turkish Airlines, from a country I love, really does not know how to do business class. When you travel business class from San Francisco internationally, you pay a lot, so you at least want an effort in the service area. I highly recommend against flying Turkish in business class if you want any value from your money!!!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I prefer Turkish airlines if it is possible, especially for long trips.In couple of months I had more than 40.000 miles on air :) and 6 of my them is long destinations and three of them was by Turkish airlines.Perfect.First ,the seat leg distance is good, as all the airlines trying to make it shorter to take more customer to the airplane.Second, the food is very satisfying.I have never seen a fuller tray in any other airline,and also very delicious food.Third, the cruise, always with genuine smile, polite and patient and it is always the same.And the entertaintment options and quality is very good.Never the last, the complimantary bag is very nice. This time they added slipper and lip balm also which I still use. Also the wc are clean and has space.I strongly recommend Turkish airlines .

Reviewed April 4, 2018

It was a good journey. The staff was friendly and nice. Also they provided a night kit for us. One reason why I enjoy internaitonal flights i that they have good collection of new movies and Turkish Airlines did not disappoint.