“Stuck and lost day of dream vacation ”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were stranded in San Francisco due to United not waiting 20 minutes for 21 passengers. At least 8 of which were children. They had no regard to how this effected the lives of people trusting them to do business appropriately. When you have little time every minute counts. We list a whole day and a lot of money on a dream vacation. I highly recommend you NOT fly United for anything important.

There are newer reviews for United Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I can’t even count the number of times United has stranded me in Denver alone and refused to reimburse me or rebook me on a flight the same day. It’s been years since I’ve had a pleasant experience with United.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had read several reviews, negative ones, describing nightmarish experiences on United flights. Yes, it is true there are incredible restrictions. My wife and I could not sit together, we had to pay for our bag even though we are Mileage Plus members, no free snacks, etc. So, I was prepared for the worst. The images of troubles on United flights are hard to purge and many of our friends have cashed in miles and will no longer use United for their travel. A political mindfulness stand. Before I did the same, we decided to make this trip. Our daughter arranged for the Basic Economy and we did not truly understand the restrictions until it was too late to modify the ticket. So, we showed up at the airport, seats assigned, bag checked, pre check, boarding group 2, great flight (even though I am 6"2" with long legs and in a middle seat - I was still comfortable). The staff were wonderful and must have explained to fellow fliers at least 65 times in our earshot why they were not being served a meal. I get it: on foreign travel, you are treated in an entirely different way. But, all in all, I got on a plane, on time, with friendly and helpful staff members all the way, a wonderful on board crew, with a bagel and some fruit, and a tiny bag under my seat and landed in San Francisco ahead of time. So, I cannot complain. On the way back we took UA2410 (a red eye). I must say I think that the A319 planes are a bit roomier than the A320's - at least to me. I was on the window for that one. A very nice couple were in the same predicament as we were (not seated together) and we were able to switch one seat per couple and be together. I believe that those overnight domestic flights seem much tougher than international ones. Possibly because of the lack of meals and no free onboard entertainment. For now, I will continue to consider United as one of my airline possibilities. Besides the fact we had 2 uneventfully pleasant trips, the flight attendants, especially one gentleman we had on both flights (I did not get his name), attempted to make basic economy as pleasant as possible. They were great ambassadors for United and with the recent history, I am sure their jobs must be a difficult tightrope walk at best. Much praise to them.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank jer b
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Pretty much a normal flight with little delays. We met up with our tour group in Calgary and heard so many horror stories about their flights there, so I though I'd mention that most of the time flights work out right.

Service at the gate and in the air were both very good.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The flight was delayed due to weather which is understandable. Three hours later the gate agent announced at 11:45 pm that the flight would not be leaving until noon the following day. Rather than sleep in the airport I went to a local hotel. When I returned the next day I was told that the flight had left at 1:15 am the previous night. I was told to wait on standby as they had no seats. Mistakes can happen but......the horrendous unsympathetic poor customer service is inexcusable. United needs to to retrain its employees .....I get better help at a tollbooth.....