“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It's a pleasure to be able to write something positive about United Airlines for a change. All four flights, two there and two back, were pleasant and thankfully uneventful. Perhaps they're finally turning things around.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We normally travel United because we own a United Mileage Card and we get our 1st check bag free. I was not familiar with the use of the Kiosk check in process. There was a customer service representative their who assisted my wife and I thru the checking in and printing of our boarding passes. The flight to Orlando and back to Newark departed and arrived on time.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I tried to avoid United Airlines because of their recent history of poor/dreadful customer service but it had the earliest flight out of Hawaii.
So it started right away when we got to the terminal - there were no attendants at the check-in - just a long line of disgruntled customers.
To add insult to injury the check-in is outdoors in the hot humid Hawaii climate.
But that's not all. You then have to take your check-in and carry-on bags to 2 separate "agricultural inspections". And all these years I thought Hawaii was part of the USA!
The terminal and boarding areas are all open air so you continue to swelter in the heat & humidity + the smell of aircraft exhaust. But they also don't let you into the "boarding area" until one hour before flight departure time.
Since the flights these days don't serve food - even though they are 6 hours long - you would expect to buy some food in the terminal for the flight but almost nothing was available except some "snack" items in a small news stand.
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse I found out that we had to carry our bags up a stairway to board- even though the airlines on either side both had ramps.
The Hawaii/Kona is a 3rd world airport together with United now a 3rd world airline - inexcusable.
This had to be one of my most unpleasant airport experiences.

1  Thank riny
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

To me, it seemed the emphasis and excitement of arriving early should have been tempered with arriving safely. While I am always relieved to arrive at my destination, I recognize that for those flying more often, it's more like taking a long bus ride and so shaving minutes off would mean the crew can celebrate with extra time on the ground.
My in-seat screen for some reason was stuck on Thai (I believe) and I did something and got the screen next to me stuck on Japanese. It seemed like a stupid thing to bother the attendant with, but at the same time, would have been nice to be able to figure out on my own.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I really thought I was flying my United Airlines flight from Oakland airport, but when we got there, I was surprised to find it wasn't there but San Francisco International! I felt really bad because I double checked my flight details but kind of overlooked the departure airport. Good thing the United guys from SFO Intl were very good, the rebooking was quick and most of all it's free! Will definitely fly United again, they have shown sensitivity to their passengers' needs and limitations. My trip to NYC is definitely more memorable because of my great United experience!