“Great flight from IAD to Narita.. Plane very old.People nice and warm.”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 18 October 2017

It was the same old aircraft. I thought it would be the same nasty service...but...I was wrong! It must have been the japanese politeness influence or else please tell me what has made this airline on board staff ( mostly female on this flight) usually so litle helpful most of the times to turn into a polite, good humor gentle, tireless group of people servicing passangers so well...Even though a rare event, congrats to these brave women and some men and to this lucky (orchanging) company!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We flew with United in August 2017. all in all it wasn't a very eventful flight, the food was decent, the legroom honestly wasn't bad (that might just be because i'm a small person though), the crew were lovely and always happy to help. the selection of movies, I was impressed with - as it was my first flight with IFE, I don't really know what exactly I was expecting but I had previously been told the IFE in planes weren't that great and didn't have much of a selection. However I thought it had more than enough content to keep me happy on all the flights we took with United. not much more to say, it was a pleasant enough flight.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Lisbon-DC return, in economy. The direct flight is very convenient, the flight attendants were friendly and the entertainment system (seat back tvs) has a good selection of movies and shows. United operates this route with a 757-200, a single aisle aircraft. Since the flight time is between 7 and 8 hours (sometimes less, sometimes more), the journey was pretty uncomfortable. The seat pitch is small and the food, unfortunately, is inedible. Thank goodness for the bread and the ice cream. Buy some food at the airport. Oh, and by the way United, your boarding system does not work on long haul. Every single airline i ve flown with, start boarding from the rear (pre boarding passengers travelling with children, elderly, wheelchair passengers, of course, with business class passengers boarding at their leisure) By boarding front to back, the whole procedure takes ages because passengers stay in the aisle, arranging their bags, and preventing the passengers seating in the back from boarding quickly. Not a good system!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We booked a flight on United to get us to Chicago to catch an Aer Lingus flight to Dublin and could not have been more disappointed. First the flight was delayed for an hour, then for three hours. We decided to approach Customer Service for help as we were in danger of missing our connection. After waiting in line an hour, we approached the agent who informed us we had been rebooked on an earlier flight. However no one had informed us of this in spite of the fact that they had both my cell # and email address; had we not stood in that line, we would have missed the earlier flight. Once boarded, we were forced to sit on the tarmac for an additional half hour. The captain explained we were waiting for the to load a wheelchair. I could have loaded multiple wheelchairs in that amount of time. Will avoid flying United in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Long delays due to visibility in San Francisco.

My flight was scheduled to depart at 18:39. I rang United to enquire about departing Las Vegas about 15:00. The CSA advised there were long delays, with the 15:15 departure anticipated to depart around 18:00 (or later).

I'm enrolled in United's text communications scheme; however, NO COMMUNICATIONS WERE RECEIVED....EVER! I found this to be frustrating since I'd have never learned of the delays until arriving at the airport. This made for an extremely long day. As it turned out, I changed my 18:39 flight to the 15:15 departure...which ended up departing about 18:00!

I understand weather delays and can accept them without issue. I cannot, however, accept lack of communication from an Air Carrier particularly when delays of this nature are known in advance!

Flight crew were great! Skipper advised he had encountered a similar delay departing KSEA for KSFO earlier in the day. Crew were upbeat and happy, in spite of the obvious disaster of a day for them!