“Expected better from upgrade!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Scored an upgrade to first class on the basis of Platinum level. Nice to have the legroom and seat comfort, but I was disappointed in the service and the food offering. I was not even sitting in the back row, but by the time the meal selection reached me, my preference was "out." The second (and only remaining) choice was a kale quiche. Sorry, guys, not my cup of tea. Stupidly, I agreed to accept it though, while the guy next to me refused. So, I end up with crappy quiche, while the flight attendant took pity on my neighbor and brought him a nice cheese and cracker snack tray. Unfortunately, since I had agreed to the quiche, I wasn't offered the cheese plate option. I fault the flight attendant, as he clearly knew I was keen on the quiche. Other than that, the flight was OK, although the 757 we had seemed a bit tired and worn.
Arrived on time in rainy Seattle.

1  Thank Raintree_Thailand
Write a ReviewReviews (33,791)

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Aside from having to get up ridiculously early for this 6:20 am flight, it was pretty pleasant overall. Check-in was smooth, although the desk agent was a bit grumpy. Security check was a breeze in lovely Madison airport. Was pleasantly upgraded to first class and enjoyed the quick, short flight to Chicago on clean,new A320. Can't complain.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

This sector was fine and couldn't fault. Have had other trips with smaller aircraft and found them less satisfactory but I guess that is the norm with travel.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

I have booked my flight to Chicago from Munich thru Online agency. When I realise that my aireline is united i was very sceptic. But great suprise. In Munich land staff was very pleasant and helpfull. Planes are clean. Service was very good and the best part is entertainment. Bunch of movies and TV shows to choose from. Food was ok. On the way back I got United as well. Only negativ point is land staff in Chicago o Hare. I will definetly fly with them again.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

I was lucky enough to grow up travelling the world and have been flying United for 14 years or so.
Back then the food was horrible, old aircraft, and unpleasant staff but boy have the times changed.
When United merged with Continental it was certainly the dawn of a new era.
I hadn't flown with them since they merged so I was dying to try out the new United!
I booked United from MEL to LAX and being a star alliance member they tagged my bags all the way from MEL to YUL.
Booked on-board one of their brand new 787-9's it was my first time on-board one and what a change it was from the old 747!
What a difference the new Panasonic entertainment system, refreshed seats, and new service is fantastic.
I have never had such an enjoyable flight I'd say a touch above Qantas although they are launching a 787-9 service so I'm really looking forward to comparing the two.
Back to the review the aircraft was clean, food service was prompt for a full flight and the lavatories were cleaned every 20 minutes or so.
I am yet to try United's short to mid haul but the new United long haul is fantastic and yes I would fly them over Qantas.

1  Thank Tyler D