“Sad to see an airline drop to such low standards!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Honestly I chose to fly United because the fare was quite a bit cheaper than Virgin Atlantic, my preferred airline. Still I believed that United was a pretty good airline so I was okay with my choice. Sadly I really regretted the choice, the seats were incredibly cramped, the service poor, the plane I believe was due to be retired and we were given a choice of renting an iPad to watch films. The flight from Honolulu to London is exhausting - with a stopover in L.A. it’s about 22hrs, so whatever comfort one can get is truly appreciated. I realize that economy is economy but some airlines do make you feel appreciated as a customer rather than mere cargo that has to be transported from A to B. United you’ve slipped too far for me and to everyone else I’d avoid flying with them if you possibly can!

1  Thank Sphinx808
Write a ReviewReviews (33,716)

Reviewed December 14, 2017

After a very long walk and train transfer from international terminal, we reached the posted gate only to discover that the gate was changed. Boarding seemed disorganized. Multiple counts and seat changes ensued. Nearly every seat was filled. Overhead space was at a premium and numerous people had to gate check their bags. We left the gate about 20 Minutes after we were scheduled to be airborne. Good luck thing we made up the time and arrived on schedule. Pretzels and a beverage were handed out quickly by the tired looking staff. My observations may be tainted by the fact that I had been awake for nearly 24 hours with just a short nap on an earlier flight.

1  Thank dollyspats
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

On the 22ND August, my sister and I travelled to Chicago to celebrate my other sister's 50th birthday. Our flight was delayed by 3 and a half hours and weren't offered so much as a drink voucher. On arrival, we discovered our bags hadn't come with us! We rang every single day, we got emails each day to say they didn't know where our bags were. I had only the clothes I had travelled in. Our bags didn't arrive until the 6th day of our one week trip. We bought some clothes and toiletries to get us through. Our outfits for the surprise 50th party were in the bags, along with gifts. We were told we could spend 100 dollars each, which was then increased. Since coming home we submitted our claim, I have emailed countless times and phoned the states several times- we still haven't had a penny! Their customer service is shocking and I certainly won't be travelling with them again!

1  Thank magee3
Reviewed December 14, 2017

ok for a low budget airline but thought united was better than my experience, the staff on this leg of my journey was nice and friendly, unlike my outward bound trip,the food was edible but of poor quality and size, and there was no choice of what you got, seats are cramped even for economy, in- flight entertainment was not great either, i would rather pay extra for a different airline,

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed December 14, 2017

the ground staff were lovely and helpful, the air stewards on this flight were not very friendly, the in flight entertainment was very basic for this day and age, i missed the beginning of a film as the entertainment just plays and you have no control except which channel you watch, the food for breakfast was poor, but the hot toasted snack later on the flight was lovely, its good that the drinks on board were complimentary the seats are comfortable enough but there is not much room in economy and it may be worth upgrading for some extra space.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)