“Average flight experience”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Typical flight on United. Gate staff was pleasant. We had a ground hold in Seatlle due to the weather in SFO. The addition of on demand TV is not a plus (in my Opinion). Lots of commercial selling the service as well as other things. They make it difficult to try and just turn the screen off.

Write a ReviewReviews (21,689)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This long haul flight is typical of United Airlines service. Board by priority, and depending where you sit will determine the service, or lack there of. The food is mediocre; thankfully we brought snacks to hold us through the night. Entertainment was not enough. As a family we saw all the things we wanted to watch and started to watch it over. 3X by the end of the flight. Game system was not working. My family took up a row in the middle with me at one aisle seat and Dad at the other end. Dinner arrived and I asked for wine of which I received a cup. My husband asked for wine and he got a bottle. This persisted each time they came by, which was not often. Breakfast food was horrible, don't bother. I hardly saw flight attendants in the aisle - they were not interested in servicing so forget about getting hydrated through them. And I did get up a few times to ask for items in the back of which they gave me attitude as if I was a bother.

1  Thank bentley2016
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not only was there great and chatty welcome, but the inflight service was one of the best I've ever received.
I travelled out of ORD on the 17th January 2018 and there were plenty of available seats so it was a blessing to be able to truly stretch out.
From the lady who welcomed me to the cabin at the rear of the plane to the steward and stewardess who served us there was chat, friendliness and humour.
And if that wasn't enough - the flight was on six and half hours in duration.
I was a very happy customer.
And even managed to get a half decent pic of London on very turbulent approach to London.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, when we chose and purchased our tickets several months in advance of the trip we planned for a well over 3 hour connection time in Houston knowing that we had to deal with customs and immigration, before making our way to the connecting flight home. Then, about a month before our trip we were notified by United of schedule changes that dropped their connection down to less than 2 hours, which concerned us. I called United to see if we could change the domestic connection, but was told that to change at that late date it would cost us over $1000 to do so. I explained that it was only a problem because of United's late change and said I didn't think I should be penalized because of their change. Well you can guess how that went over, so we kept the original flights and hoped for the best.

So on flight day we arrived at the originating airport in BA 4 hours in advance of flight time. We got checked in but at that point there was no gate assigned for our flight. So we waited until 3 hours before flight time, then 2 hours before flight time, then 1 hour before flight time, and still there was no gate assigned and no info from United. Finally, about 20 minutes before the flight was due to depart a gate was posted, and we charged through the airport to get there in time. The flight left only about a half hour late, and was generally uneventful for a long transcontinental trip. But as we were approaching Houston we became anxious again for our connection.

Surprisingly getting through immigration was fairly quick, but then we had a 45 minute wait for our luggage. Many folks were concerned that no luggage was showing up at all for our large flight. No word from United on what was going on. Finally we got luggage and dashed for customs, which surprisingly was quick. We got to United recheck and they were giving conflicting information on where to leave luggage. Finally we got clarification, and made the dash for TSA with only about 15 minutes before our connection was to leave. Once again, surprisingly TSA was helpful and quick enough to get us through that we made the short connection.

But I never expected to be praising Argentine security, US Immigration, US Customs and US TSA which were all more helpful than United ever was.

1  Thank ROCtraveler30
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Much better service than I expected. The best was the flight back from Houston to Tucson, a very small plane, totally full, didn't get a seat next to my daughter but help came and we could sit together the the entire way our flight attendant was hustle, hustle, hustle! She was awesome! The other flights were ok but this lady had me impressed! She loves her job! I could tell.