“Normal flight”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed January 18, 2018

I was excited to see Austin and flew in the evening so I could get a fresh start in the morning. I got my bags checked easily but I wish there were more baggage checkers in Newark in person to help. I like to talk to real people. The security was okay. I went through with no problem. I stopped in a bar in the airport and ordered a small meal with a soda. They were pissed I ordered only a soda and didn’t even give it to me a first. I was in economy so the flight was a little tight. The flight itself was smooth. When we landed I was able to find my way around Austin airport fairly easily. I did like the big guitars in the Austin station and photographed them. The car rentals don’t stay open very late however and I didn’t have a reservation. For what Avis advertises online they slammed me with a big bill. It was over $300 for three days. They advertise around $20 a day for the car I got and it didn’t have navigation. Overall a great trip.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,648)

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

5 flights for a business trip.
1 cancelled outbound
2 delays and subsequent missed connection inbound that they’d actually changed my booking to the following day and not told me so if I had made it across the airport I couldn’t have flown
Both ways they gave automated ridiculous alternates
Showed no sympathy or gave no apology

Finally on one flight with inflight entertainment they didn’t give out headphones. There were people watching things without sound.

Pay more and fly with someone competent

1  Thank Rick01090806
Reviewed January 18, 2018

I was fine with United until my flight was canceled. The cancelation was so much a problem since United put me on another flight the following day. However, the problem was with my bag. My bag did not make it with me to Roatan. The reason United gave to me was I was checked in, but my bag wasn't. I didn't understand because I personally checked my bag in at the desk and since my flight was canceled, my bag spent the night at the airport. Needless to say, my bag was 3 days late reaching me on my vacation. I wasn't pleased at all because I couldn't understand how my bag out left behind in Houston. I'm still waiting on a reimbursement from United.

1  Thank Emily D
Reviewed January 18, 2018

Typical flight on United. Gate staff was pleasant. We had a ground hold in Seatlle due to the weather in SFO. The addition of on demand TV is not a plus (in my Opinion). Lots of commercial selling the service as well as other things. They make it difficult to try and just turn the screen off.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

This long haul flight is typical of United Airlines service. Board by priority, and depending where you sit will determine the service, or lack there of. The food is mediocre; thankfully we brought snacks to hold us through the night. Entertainment was not enough. As a family we saw all the things we wanted to watch and started to watch it over. 3X by the end of the flight. Game system was not working. My family took up a row in the middle with me at one aisle seat and Dad at the other end. Dinner arrived and I asked for wine of which I received a cup. My husband asked for wine and he got a bottle. This persisted each time they came by, which was not often. Breakfast food was horrible, don't bother. I hardly saw flight attendants in the aisle - they were not interested in servicing so forget about getting hydrated through them. And I did get up a few times to ask for items in the back of which they gave me attitude as if I was a bother.

1  Thank bentley2016