“Probably will avoid in the future”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed January 18, 2018

We flew this airline because they provided a service for my dog, another issue altogether. The service and staff were all nice. My issue has more to do with everything else. My flight was 5.5 hours. They told us about the United app we had to download to watch the free movies when we were about to taxi to the runway. Which gave us less than 5 minutes to get the app. The seats were a bit cramped for my liking. Then when it came to the meal, they offered subpar meals for $10. They offered the bag of pretzels and a drink too. There was another airline we flew that offered a meal included with the price, and a screen on the seat to watch movies, tv etc... Also, that airline allowed one free checked bag, this did not for an international flight. I don't want to mention the other airline for fear that someone might think I am trying to promote them instead. All that for a cheaper price. So, I will not fly the airline again.

1  Thank ceslaton77
Write a ReviewReviews (32,769)

Reviewed January 18, 2018

I was excited to see Austin and flew in the evening so I could get a fresh start in the morning. I got my bags checked easily but I wish there were more baggage checkers in Newark in person to help. I like to talk to real people. The security was okay. I went through with no problem. I stopped in a bar in the airport and ordered a small meal with a soda. They were pissed I ordered only a soda and didn’t even give it to me a first. I was in economy so the flight was a little tight. The flight itself was smooth. When we landed I was able to find my way around Austin airport fairly easily. I did like the big guitars in the Austin station and photographed them. The car rentals don’t stay open very late however and I didn’t have a reservation. For what Avis advertises online they slammed me with a big bill. It was over $300 for three days. They advertise around $20 a day for the car I got and it didn’t have navigation. Overall a great trip.

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

5 flights for a business trip.
1 cancelled outbound
2 delays and subsequent missed connection inbound that they’d actually changed my booking to the following day and not told me so if I had made it across the airport I couldn’t have flown
Both ways they gave automated ridiculous alternates
Showed no sympathy or gave no apology

Finally on one flight with inflight entertainment they didn’t give out headphones. There were people watching things without sound.

Pay more and fly with someone competent

1  Thank Rick01090806
Reviewed January 18, 2018

I was fine with United until my flight was canceled. The cancelation was so much a problem since United put me on another flight the following day. However, the problem was with my bag. My bag did not make it with me to Roatan. The reason United gave to me was I was checked in, but my bag wasn't. I didn't understand because I personally checked my bag in at the desk and since my flight was canceled, my bag spent the night at the airport. Needless to say, my bag was 3 days late reaching me on my vacation. I wasn't pleased at all because I couldn't understand how my bag out left behind in Houston. I'm still waiting on a reimbursement from United.

1  Thank Emily D
Reviewed January 18, 2018

Typical flight on United. Gate staff was pleasant. We had a ground hold in Seatlle due to the weather in SFO. The addition of on demand TV is not a plus (in my Opinion). Lots of commercial selling the service as well as other things. They make it difficult to try and just turn the screen off.