“Nice flight and service”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed January 19, 2018

A similar experience from my flight a week earlier, but a much quieter environment and the service was very good. I recommend the Spinach Ravioli over the Butter chicken that I had on the previous flight (UA 20). Seemed to be a more generous portion.
Pretty nice flight overall.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,673)

Reviewed January 19, 2018

Basic service yet food was quite on the cheap side... Expected better from this airline. Flight was delayed and we nearly missed our connection.... Luggage being stranded due to late landing for the connection we had.

Reviewed January 19, 2018

I had a foot infection in Los Cabo, Mexico and United was great at getting me on the next flight for standby to Toronto. Staff was very friendly and understanding which made me thankful for choose to fly with them. I was warned with the standby flight change that my luggage might get lost, which was no problem because it was only one stop over and I knew it would get to me eventually. My checked luggage did end up getting lost. The issue I had with United was the communication regarding my luggage. After 3 days and United telling me constantly my luggage was sch for the next flight (3 times I was told this and three times it never got on the flight), finally it arrived in YYZ and I called United and told them I would be going to pick it up at YYZ. I went there, drove 40 min and paid for parking only to be sent on a goose chase around the airport and told that my luggage went out for delivery. I was not happy abut this as it was a waste of time and stress to go down to the airport to pick it up. It finally arrived at my house the next day. In order to get back any money from the 3 days without my luggage they told me I would have to submit all bills and wait a few weeks for clearance- which is ridiculous and too timely. United said they would give me a 150$ flight voucher (which I still have not received). I think they should have given more for the stress, worry and hassle they caused me- but that's just my opinion. I do not know if I will fly with them again as I was REALLY happy with their flight service itself, just not happy with how my lost luggage was dealt with.

Reviewed January 19, 2018

It was a mixed measure. The overall trip was originally Air Canada Ottawa to Fort Myers via Newark but a change of plans caused me to rebook Toronto – Fort Myers. Cost me $200. And I had to keep my itinerary via Newark, or it would have been another $200. The change in Newark from the AC terminus to the United departure was no picnic.
I extended my stay in Naples and changed my return flight again, $200! United is Air Canada's Star Alliance partner. My flight (again through Newark) was delayed because of aircraft problems in Newark and I would never have made my connection. But here's where the ticket agent comes in: 'I can move you through O'Hare,' she said. The last leg was not business class but hey, I was home (Toronto) sooner than I would have been if I had been able to take my original flight. Didn't cost me yet another $200; and the good humour was free too.

Reviewed January 19, 2018

It is fine. I just hate that they charge you for basically everything anymore. It is a matter of getting from point A to point B. But there are no bells and whistles anymore. It used to be better.