“Lack of customer Care”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a flight with an agent of United’s called Edreams. This company sells United flights plus as extras you can pay for the seat of your choice off their map and an extra fee to receive updates. I picked the seats paid for them and had them confirmed to me in writing where it clearly states CONFIRMED SEAT. I then log on to United to put my mileage’s plus number in and find my seats had been changed to right down the back of the aircraft. I was shocked and emailed United customer care as advised and back in writing they said it has nothing to do with us they are aware they do this. This is dishonest and should not be allowed. I could go on but in short NO HELP from United and edreams is uncontactable. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Write a ReviewReviews (21,714)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I previously flew United just once but it was an international flight which is a different experience. On domestic flights, the big plus is the flights were on time. But in terms of services, flying economy is not a good idea at all. I had a basic economy ticket and I did not know by the time I purchased the flight what this means: not even a carry-on allowed, just a backpack, no seat selection (not even at the time of check-in, you only get a completely random seat even if you travel in group) and not eligible for upgrades (you are not allowed to pay for upgrades, I am not talking about complimentary ones). My biggest disappointment was that because of the Highway 101 closure due to the big flooding in Montecito I was not able to get back home from LAX with my car rental so I called United Customer Service a day prior to my returning flight, explained them the bad situation I found my self in and asked if they could assist me to change my flight and get a flight directly to Santa Barbara instead of LAX. Not only they were very fast in telling me they won’t help me but their answer was “since you only payed $97 for the basic economy ticket, we can’t help you sir”. I keep asking myself, if I “only payed $97” I am not an United customer? Or what was that supposed to mean? I really avoid giving bad reviews but in this case, I really can’t help myself sharing my experience, considering the terrible natural disaster that caused my issue and the answer I got from United.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we loved the flight because of the gate location being that the layover gate and departure gates were located close to one another going over and going back

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveled a lot with united and cannot complain about the flight or in flight experience. I do have some major issues with an over harge and the complete lack of addressing complaints. Benn 3 months, 2 letters, about 20 calls and a complaint filing on their online site and still no response. So 5 for one aspect 0 for the other gives them a 3

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst airline in existence. One time I had a seat assignment and boarding pass and they bumped me out of both. Left me in Newark airport at midnight with no hotel accomodation or guarantee of a flight. Said next flight would be in 14 hours to San Fransisco then Denver. I had to cancel my motel, rental car and family reunion plans because they overbooked and, when no body volunteered to sit out the flight, they volunteered me stealthily. Got my money refunded and had to wake up my wife 60 miles away to come get me. Never got to Denver that year, never got to reunite with family there. This airline has a monopoly on direct flights from Newark to several places and baggage fees, no food on board, tighter seats, poor attitude. Along with Thrifty car rental who stoled 250$ from me with deceptive waiver terminology, rank among the worst traveler’s nightmares. Avoid both until they are bankrupt. App