“Surprised by Untied!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed February 17, 2018

I rarely fly United over the Pacific. Usually prefer EVA, Singapore Airlines, Air Canada or Asiana.

This time I flew Economy on United from HK to SF. The plane was completely full, so even with my Star Alliance Gold status I had to settle for a middle seat in a row of 4.

Notwithstanding this little inconvenience I thought this flight went very well. Flight attendants were professional, food was plentiful, plane (a B777-300) was clean and seats comfortable. The audio system had enough content to carry us through another 6 hours...

The only suggestion for United: make space for a Premium Economy class. Many Asian airlines offer this class over the Pacific and it becoming increasingly popular.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (35,361)

Reviewed February 17, 2018

United has been improve in last few of years. I used to travel with Qatar Air for India, first time since 2007 use United as fair was so great. Service was great and nice new planes.

Date of travel: January 2018
Reviewed February 17, 2018

Weather event caused some delays. The app seemed to know faster then the gate staff. Checking to see if there was a different flight, 10 minutes after I got the delay info, the gate still didn't know. Listen, the golden years of Aviation are finished. Unless you're at the front of the plane, you're basically just riding in a flying greyhound bus. Out of the big US airlines, United seems to be the best of the worst. I will say Ive seen an improvement in their staff attitude in the last year.

Reviewed February 17, 2018

From point A to point B, on time, no issues. I know United had some issues about removing a bumped passenger but this flight had no problems.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Totally unsatisfactory flights from Memphis to Maui. 7 hrs of delays. On the very first leg, from Memphis to Denver we had to wait an hour due to no water in the restrooms. The next flight from Denver to LA was good. The flight from LA to Maui was horrible. We loaded on time but after taxiing down the runway it was decided we had transponder problems. After going back to the airport and waiting 4 hrs we finally had to change planes. Which meant we had to wait for them to reload our luggage. During that time I called our resort and the rental car place make sure we would be able to get there at that time of night. Thankfully both were very accommodating and stayed open until the flight arrived. Our 8:00 pm arrival turned into a 1:30am arrival. When we got our luggage 2 of our 4 pieces had been torn and all were dirty and greasy. I had to buy a strap for one it was torn so badly. Then on the way home in Denver we had another 2 hr delay for unknown reasons. Overall 3 of the 6 planes we were on had mechanical problems. This was one week before the well publicized account of losing an engine cover and an emergency landing in Oahu. The only reason I can give them a 2 rating is that the personnel did go out of their way to make us comfortable and were very apologetic. In return for all this stress and damage they gave each of us $100 certificate to fly again. That won’t be happening. Won’t fly them again unless I have no other choice