“Don’t fly United!!!!!!!!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

So for starters just the baggage check and ticketing showed the lack of quality in customer service. These people were unapologetically rude. There were these two Indian women that gained pleasure from the misfortune of others. I would never advise taking United! We took AmericanAirlines into Chicago and they were wayyyyyyy better. Please believe me, United is a no for me.

1  Thank chieshia816
Write a ReviewReviews (35,386)

Reviewed February 24, 2018

United leg room, even in economy seating, is plenty roomy. Couple problems: I requested wheelchair assistance, which we needed in SanFrancisco and Las Vegas, but we never got it. Outbound Flight in Las Vegas was at 5:30 and we were told to be at the airport 2 hours early. The problem is, United employees do not start work until 4 AM and many of the self bagging machines were not working. Then TSA doesn't open up that early and pre check wasn't open. All of this meant more stress on teh traveler than necessary as many United travelers were rushing to try and get all taken care in order to make the flight on time.

2  Thank Judy B
Reviewed February 24, 2018

The first leg of our flight, from Seattle to San Francisco was very pleasant. We were allowed to board early with our 4 year old granddaughter, and the crew was friendly. The crew on the second flight was not nearly as friendly.

We paid for extra legroom, but it really irks me that we have to do that. I feel like we are gouged at every opportunity by most airlines.

Date of travel: January 2018
2  Thank Judy G
Reviewed February 24, 2018

When the pilot started the plane (before passengers boarded) there were technical problems with the plane that showed up on the computer. The appropriate people were called to try to resolve the problem, to no avail. The gate agents kept passengers informed throughout the process. Water bottles and snacks were provided. The airline found an available plane and kept the passengers in the original terminal, just needing to change gates. The flight departed more than 2 hours late. It was inconvenient for people with connections or with events that they were heading to, but I thought United handled it as well as possible. I certainly didn't want to take off on a plane that had something wrong in the system, so I appreciated that it was safety first.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed February 24, 2018

This was a memorable flight where I used my noise cancelling headset for the first time, and yes it made a big difference. This and the space in the emergency row seats made it airly comfortable flight. Aguadilla is a small airport, and quite simple. A bottle of water is still $1 in Aguadilla versus $3 at Newark. The Aguadilla aiport did suffer from the Hurricane and now needs renovation. But hopefully they will keep it simple.

This was a 1:15 PM flight to Newark and it was very comfortable. I understand that in March 10, the flight will shift to 1:55 AM - the old time slot.

The uncomfortable flight was from Newark to Washington, DC. Flying to DC from Newark is always an adventure, the flight is often delayed or canceled. This time it was only an hour late.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)