“United Flight from Seoul to San Francisco”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed April 5, 2018

United Airline experience from checkin, flight experience and picking up your bags was excellent. I would recommend anyone traveling from San Francisco to Asia fly United. The experience is Polaris business is great with lots of legroom, comfortable seat and excellent service.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (35,266)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

After paying a significant amount of money for business class, United airlines manages to lose my luggage. The luggage did not arrive at my destination when I did. I had to spend the night in a hotel without proper clothes. Tracking whether or not the luggage was found was another ordeal. The so called tracking website had no information. I was lucky enough to find a number for Spanish speaking persons & was able to speak to an actual representative who was able to provide an update. The luggage was found and was on its way. All this was the following day. Trying to locate the luggage took all morning. I didn't receive my luggage until 6pm. It was the worst experience I've had traveling in a while. The worst is that United barely takes responsibility for their mistakes. So far I've only received a $100 coupon for future travel. Not expecting any better.

Date of travel: February 2018
1  Thank YAYA L
Reviewed April 4, 2018

seats in economy could do better. service was good and the flight was a regular flight. would fly united again but get premium economy. horrible tvs barely worked

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We flew United Airlines UA1161, on an AirBus A320 (#4627) from EWR to our home airport, PHX, on the final leg of an almost two week trip to the Inn at Little Washington, and then Blackberry Farm. This flight was on March, 26. We were in First Class, seats 2E & F. We had flown into EWR from TYS, and had a longish layover at EWR. We made our way toward our departure gate, C-81, stopping into the UA Club (construction seemed to have been completed), and also into some of the new (to us) bars/restaurants, which have been added on C Concourse. We have seen many changes to a few of the UA “hub” airports, and they seem to be bringing in new businesses, for their various concourses, at EWR, and IAH.

We arrived at Gate C-81 with plenty of time, and the plane was already there. We boarded in Group 1, and were seated in moments. I even had time to hang up my jacket on the hangers at the bulkhead, behind Row 3, before other passengers arrived.

We departed pretty much on-time, but were warned of some nasty weather, between EWR and PHX. Our pilot did a great job of avoiding that weather, and the seatbelt light was only on a bit, during this 5:30 hr flight.

This A320 had the PDE (Personal Device Entertainment) system, using the UA App. Like on the A319 into EWR that morning, this plane’s system did not work well either. Seems to be an issue with the systems on some AirBus ships? I was also less than impressed by the movie/TV selections. We fly UA almost weekly, and usually find the offerings to have something interesting, but on this long medium-haul flight, it was as though they had removed over half of the normal programs? We have a greater list of programs on our short hops between PHX and SFO (unless we are on an sCO 737-800/900 with DirectTV). I had expected to see an “expanded” list of movies and TV, so this came as a surprise. As we fly UA almost every week, I had to search to find anything new – and then the system kept going out.

We had Chicken for dinner: Chicken Curry, and Chicken Cutlets. Both were actually quite good. Meals on UA have been rather up, and down lately, even in Polaris First Class on International flights, but this meal was one of the better ones.

The wines were the same, as we have encountered on UA Domestic, over the last 5 months – a decent French Chardonnay, and then a Spanish red-blend. OK, but nothing to get excited about. I hope that it’s about time for UA to change the “wine list.”

Even with the weather warning, we had a mostly smooth flight, until we got closer to Arizona. Still, it was not THAT rough. We had poor weather at EWR, but just clouds below us, for most of the flight.

We arrived at PHX almost on-time, and our luggage was onto Carousel 4, in the very first wave. It was nice to be heading home, even though this was a vacation for us. It just happened to have been almost two weeks of vacation, and then a full day of flying home, TYS-EWR-PHX.

Nice flight, nice crew and only a glitchy PDE IFE to complain about.

1  Thank The_Loup_Garou
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Boarding was fast and efficient, the seats were not too comfortable, the IFE was a good experience.

The flight attendants are obviously a big gap between asian based airlines ... very sour, no smiles, too busy to care about customer service.

The food was average as well, but hey 3 star airline...