“Hmmm...mixed feelings”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed May 9, 2018

We were rushed to board the plane since it got in late from Miami--not our fault. We were literally told to hurry and get into our seats!! Final leg of flight from Chicago to Milwaukee was cancelled because they didn't have enough officers--insufficient staffing is a very poor excuse and United should be embarressed. No other flights available had to buy our own bus ticket. United personnel told us a voucher was available but the ticket refund would be more. Bus $31.00 tix refund $26. Misinformed--very disappointing.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (50,977)

Reviewed May 9, 2018

I highly recommend spending the extra$100-150 to put yourself in a Premium Economy seat on this flight. The extra leg room is really there and you simply just don't feel as crowded as you do in Economy. I actually traded away an aisle in Economy for a middle seat in Economy Plus and I had no regrets whatsoever. The staff on board the United flights were extremely courteous and attentive as well. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Date of travel: May 2018
Reviewed May 9, 2018

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves to first class while traveling across the US. We had priced Delta, whom we like a lot, but their price was considerably higher so we chose United. Not so sure the savings was worth it.
Boarding was disorganized because they allowed people to bypass the regular line and cut ahead of those were already in line. Too bad the United employees reinforce the behavior of people who think they are too good to wait like the rest of us.
The plane was quite old with no entertainment screens in first class and the overhead bins on the port side of the plane were too small to fit a standard carry on bag. There were no pillows or blankets (or water or earbuds like Delta) and the seat back pockets we not cleaned properly as I found an old, used napkin in mine.
Seat back pockets not cleaned, found old tickets napkins
Flight was delayed because of engine starter not working and then another, unspecified, delay sitting on the tarmac. At least we had A/C once the engine got started.
We were told they were out of white wine 70 minutes into flight, found they did find some in back of plane.
Nice on time arrival.
Bottom line, it just wasn’t a first class experience but nothing horrible. Doesn’t compare to Delta’s first class service.

1  Thank P7461BPsteves
Reviewed May 9, 2018

I took several flights on United in a week, and I am NOT impressed. The flight attendants were not helpful and the boarding process was random. My carry-on was taken and checked and when I got on the flight there was plenty of overhead space. The wifi on the plane was terrible I paid for the whole flight and it stopped working after one hour. That wifi issue happened of at least two flights.

2  Thank Melinda E
Reviewed May 9, 2018

Easy check in, fairly quick boarding process. They did make several people check their carry on bags even though there was still room in the overhead cabinets.

Date of travel: May 2018
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.