“First trip to Europe”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Thanks to United Airlines our 12+ hours flight to Vienna Austria was pleasant. Great customer service & friendly people. They were so helpful getting us checked in & making sure we got to our gate. I am disabled & need a wheelchair on occasion so they were there to help me through security.
Economy seating is a challenge due to my health. I walked around the plane every hour & still ended up in the hospital in Europe! If only there was an area on the plane for people to be able to extend their legs out & raise them to reduce the health risks. 1st class, due to the price, is not an option. We love to travel & have the time now but if we can't do it safely we will have to stay home. Other than that the entire United experience was fantastic!

Date of travel: August 2017
Write a reviewReviews (50,729)

Reviewed July 11, 2018

typical domestic flight, dirty plane, rude service from flight attendants..Standard for US domestic flights.
No surprise as i have come to expect this as the norm.

Date of travel: June 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018

I've found United Airlines to be relatively on time for boarding and take off. They don't seem to experience a lot of problems with their planes. There aren't extra fees for carry on luggage or seat assignment.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018

United is inexpensive which I like however they are never worth the discount. I tried to make small changes to my flight plan and they basically will charge you double the cost of an entire round trip ticket to change one tiny leg of the flight. Not worth flying on united. Also avoid their 737 planes I can barely fit in the seats because they are so close together. It's not the personnel that ruins the United Airlines it's their corporate policies.

Date of travel: June 2018
1  Thank Micah P
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We had to make a late booking to attend my mothers funeral and as a result got no break on the price we had to pay for the 2-tickets. We fly to the UK frequently and our best option is a direct flight from PHL (our nearest home airport) to MAN (the nearest airport to our daughter). This means we are limited to United Airlines as our only option. Normally, when we can pre-book we can get return flights around $600-$800. On this occasion we had to pay over $1,600. United is a bad option at $600 so you can imagine I have nothing to recommend it for at $1,600.
I am fervently against the revenue generating program whereby airlines (not just United) “invite” you to spend more money by purchasing a “preferred” seat. I can barely tolerate this at discounted fares, but consider it “gouging” when I pay full/fare economy. I have noticed when I have been able to pre-book, that many sears which are “preferred” become free in the last 24-hours before departure.
My wife and I eat our meals at the airport before boarding so that we can skip the “congealed slop” that the airline serves. We always joke before leaving about the “chicken or pasta” which reverbates down the aisle as the flight attendants serve. Even the pre-landing snacks are pretty tasteless and inedible.

Date of travel: April 2018
1  Thank atpbai
US$USD
Canada (English)
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.