“Totally average.”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After United roughed up that doctor and drug him off the plane, I never thought I’d fly United again. In honesty though, I’m loyal to the lowest price. They got me from where I was to where I was going and back safely, and for less than anyone else. Every airline can sell me cramped seats that don’t recline adequately and not enough legroom. Today United won my business with the lowest price. Tomorrow is yet to be seen. I want to go. I need to go. I’ll remain loyal to my wallet.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (36,026)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a Gold member with Alaska Air. I fly approx 55k miles a year. I almost alway fly Alaska. My work schedule changed and United has a little better deal to get me home earlier and closer to home. So I tried United. for my return trip. Got to Denver about 45 minutes late. No excuse for that. I had plenty of time to catch my next flight to Colorado Springs. This was one crazy morning, no afternoon, nope into the evening. The gate changed four times. The time changed four times due to crew management. This was/is the weekend before Thanksgiving. The busiest time at the airport... There is no excuse for dispatch to have issues scheduling crew, pfffft. So after four gate and time changes some weather had set in and the F#ckers cancelled my flight. (I did purchase insurance so we will see how that goes). My wife then had to drive 150 miles in crappy weather to get me. I drove the 150 back to the house. Wait just a minute... I did something I almost never do -- checked a bag?? With the holidays coming it is time to start dragging gifts down from the Arctic. I am writing this Sunday evening at 9:30 PM. I last saw my luggage Friday in Anchorage at about 8:00 PM. Hmmm. Alaska Airlines customer service has been lacking so that played into my decision to try different airline. With this trip I must conclude the entire industry is SH!T and cares nothing about us. If you are here then you travel or are considering travel. We should keep this in mind when we do. I must travel every Friday. Either to or from Deadhorse Alaska. I cannot wait to retire so I am not at the mercy of these criminals.... The overall customer service was the worst I have experienced. One or two reps (of the 6-7) i spoke with was considerate, other were rude, rude, rude.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the third time in recent years we've checked a bag with United Airlines and we did not receive it (3 for 3). Because of poor processes and lack of baggage handling reliability, we always travel with carry-ons if at all possible. Well, never ever trust them with your personal property. Checked a bag in with a United priority tag 2.5 to 3 hours early and no bag arrived at our destination. Furthermore, the bag check agent assured us they had it and we'd be able to track it. Not a sign of our bag - this is a very significant property loss and causes us to reiterate United Airlines is truly incapable of managing transit of a bag from one destination to another.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I always fly United since Air Micronesia (Continental) merged with Continental. I have found that United is extraordinarily responsive to customer comments/complaints. I have seen my flights on this route improve immensely from simple issues I have had on my prior flights. That is why I give this flight a five-star rating.

Date of travel: July 2018

UA is pure poison.

I flew UA 49 from BOM to EWR in March this year. Memorable day thanks to UA. For really bad reasons.

Months earlier, an agent near the UA check in counter had grossly misled me, asserting that the ticket value remains intact even if it isn’t cancelled prior to departure, and refused to let me even meet a check in agent. When I complained online, UA customer service had asserted that this agent was employed by the airport and not by UA.

I ran into the exact same agent on this occasion --- turned out his name is Azmatullah Shaikh, and of course he is *not* an employee of the airport, but a UA employee! He refused to give me his United employee ID number and reiterated his earlier false assertion that the ticket value remains intact even if it isn’t cancelled prior to departure.

To counter UA's past claim that he was not a United employee I photographed him from far away. Soon he approached me along with United employee Neha Jaiswal and third junior United employee and they insisted that I should delete the photograph. The three physically took my luggage away and forced me out of the line by physical intimidation! They then made a variety of false accusations and Mr. Shaikh threatened that I would have to wait to face the police for cybercrimes because I had taken his photograph!

After I eventually checked in after much drama, airport Security informed me that photography is allowed freely in the airport.

In summary, I was physically threatened, verbally threatened, threatened with police action without cause, and harassed.
------------------------
I described all this in an email to UA customer service upon arrival. UA left a voicemail in response, telling me, among other things, I had placed myself in a dangerous situation. Their email responses were vacuous, including a claim that they cannot comment on an ongoing investigation involving an employee on 5/16, two months after the incident.

To summarize, UA is sitting pretty and will do absolutely nothing. It's probably congratulating its employees on having successfully prevented me from using my phone to record evidence of their abuse. It is amply evident that UA as an organization is rotten at its core. The flight 3411 David Dao incident and the CEO's commendation of the staff involved perfectly capture the DNA of UA.

Date of travel: March 2018