“Premium Economy, being forgot, and no bubbly!!!!”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed January 22, 2018

I fly Virgin most of the time, maybe a few times a year. I like them (even though they're trying to put me off)... So I know bad service from them when I see it.

On a flight back with my wife (from our honeymoon), we were flying premium economy back from Antigua.. When we boarded the flight (on time), they offered us orange juice or water. The bubbly had run out and they were not allowed to open a new one (or so we were told - even though a few people behind us still got some???).

OK, so not the end of the world.. Although you do pay premium prices for nice things like this....

During the whole flight, my wife was in a middle seat of three. The flight attendants kept swapping who was looking after her, and basically throughout the whole flight, kept thinking the other one was in charge and missing her out.

I've not paid for a flight when I've had to call back attendants so much to get food, drinks, take rubbish away etc. All very annoying and I'm sure the people around us must have found it annoying as well. Bad service is easy to spot.

A real difference in any service we've had from Virgin Premium economy staff..

2  Thank pglewis
Write a ReviewReviews (9,706)

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Having flown with Virgin since 1997 we have noticed a gradual decline in passenger comfort and legroom, it feels as if they are trying to force taller people to pay the extra to book Premium Economy.
We booked fairly late but managed to get seats in the economy upstairs section of the Boeing 747-400, not something we have done before.
We felt quite special climbing the stairs into the upstairs cabin but once seated it became apparent that these seats weren't very good, the curvature of the aircraft's fuselage made it feel very narrow and leg room wasn't good.
About 2 hours into the flight i was stretching my legs when a member of the crew told me that there were lots of empty seats downstairs and we could sit where we wanted, we decided to take a look and were very surprised to find that the main cabin, middle section was completely empty as was the premium economy section, we were given permission to sit anywhere so we did.
The flight ended up being the most comfy flight to the states we have ever been on, if only they were all that comfy.

2  Thank ROBWOOD777
Reviewed January 22, 2018

It is my pleasure to fly Virgin on many occasions each year, and every flight is a pleasure, whether in Premium Economy, or Upper Class which we travel in when available, and we fly across the Atlantic 3 or 4 tiems a year as a minimum.

My only grip is that we are not recognised as frequent flyers and therefore do not get Teir Points, because we use our Flyer Miles to pay for our seats. We are loyal to Virgin, as match our travel plans to fit with their schedules, but do not feel Virgin as as loyal to us, just because we are able to get our flights using our - earned - miles.

3  Thank Bellcom
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Stole the above quote from Virgin because it works for me. Travel with a 13 year old boy for 11 hours?! Easy - go Virgin - so much on board entertainment, kid friendly food and crew. G & T for me - what more could you ask for?

1  Thank Driftboat
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Firstly, we have always booked and traveled with Virgin and generally been pleased however, we booked our next trip with Virgin Holidays to Orlando for May 2018 over a year in advance including upgrades to Premium Economy costing an extra £1000 and also chose and reserved our seats on the aircraft for both outbound and inbound flights. As this was the earlier of two flights departing on the day we booked and paid in full for a hotel at the north terminal for the night before to insure things went smoothly, or so we thought!
Virgin emailed me over the Xmas period to say the flight had been cancelled and we had been moved to the later flight, this not only meant we would get into Orlando much later but we now had a non refundable hotel booking at Gatwick we didn’t needed.
I contacted Virgin Holidays by phone and was told our seats had been reallocated and that we were now separated and sitting on our own in different rows in the aircraft! I was then told there was nothing they could do. This is a nine our flight and we had spent a considerable amount extra for the premium service, how Virgin can just split and sit family’s anywhere they choose without due consideration on the affect it will have is beyond me. I have had to cancel the trip that was booked well in advance as my wife and I do not want to fly separated especially for the extra cost, Virgin will not refund me the hotel booking at Gatwick so I’ve lost that too. My daughter has had a similar problem only they changed her flight to Cancun for July 2018 by two days and didn’t tell her at all! NOT impressed Virgin. Beware, not matter how early you book with Virgin Holidays it can all change at the last minute.

6  Thank Stephen V