“High flyer not just yet”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time with virgin had great expectations it was good but could have been better, outbound was very smooth all on time and onboard service was fine a little stingy on the drinks had to go and get yourself once you knew you could kept quiet from guests. Air con very cold near toilets possibly to stop the smell got neck ache , woke up with rash on my face from blanket irritation , if you have sensitive skin dont use.
Return severa delays at gate J16 due to slow turnaround biggest dissapointment no seats available at this gate so options stand, sit on floor or walk back to J11 for seat not good practice for such an airline ( more like Ryanair). Flight back plane very noisy in rear end could not sleep lights from service area on and no curtains. Seats hard need refurbishment ,lumpy .

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,036)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The best 8 hours that l have spent on an airplane. From the checking at Gatwick, which was quick, friendly and so efficient to the food and entertainment on board, the experience was fabulous.
Virgin staff at Gatwick looked after me, helping me with the self checking process. On board the staff were friendly and helpful. The food from a new catering company, was really good, very enjoyable. The inflight entertainment was superb, l watched 3 good films.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The issue I have with Virgin is sometimes they're superb and other times not so great. It's the inconsistency that causes the confusion. This goes from check in staff in LHR who were great to check in staff in IAD who were not as nice. Same for the air hostesses on board, friendly and not as obliging.
Saying that they're always courteous. The seats as well were a bit worn as were the tear in the back of where we were sitting on the return journey. Not to mention the who Entertainment system going down and the turn it on and off again solution didn't work. iPad's were handed out to the section not working but not everyone got them.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was aghast to see what I had spent so much money ON!

To start when booked in we were not given the seats that I had reserved for my wife and I some one else had been allocated them!

I did ask why and was told that the entertainment system was not working and they were putting thier staff there. We went from two seats together to two seats apart as this was all they could offer.

After boarding the plane I found the Upper class seats to be so uncomfortable it was untrue!

I also noted that the seats I reserved did in fact have a working entertainment system. I did make my displeasure know to those in charge and now wait to see the result.

To add insult to Iinjury on the return flight
I had no entertainment and a light that turned it self on and off on a whim

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went from Boston to Manchester in August on our way to Liverpool for our daughters' wedding. The non stop flight from Boston to Manchester was great, the food was better than expected and the free beer and wine a total bonus.