“Excellent”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed January 5, 2020

Flew from London Heathrow to Los Angeles and then from LA to Las Vegas.
Excellent professional friendly staff.
Food was ok but nothing special, plenty of drinks.
All in all a really good flight with no problems...

Date of travel: November 2019
3  Thank Dram514
Write a reviewReviews (15,194)

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Great staff - certainly a crew that tried their best.
Food - very very mediocre
Comfort - very substandard. The "business" class is so narrow (I'm I a thin guy!) that I felt as though I was in a coffin. Seat cushions worn plus awkward flat bed configuration made it a night of hardly any sleep. This is not recommended.

Date of travel: January 2020
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Flying Virgin is always something to look forward to and I was not disappointed on this occasion either! The entertainment system is simply amazing with so much to choose from, including a large selection of films ranging from golden oldies to recent releases and games.
The cabin crew are friendly and prefesssional and keep you well topped up with food and drink throughout.
A drinks service followed by a three course lunch with wine and an excellent choice of hot main courses was served shortly after take off and a high tea before landing including scone and clotted cream. All fresh and high quality.
The crew came round with drinks in between and even ice lollies and sweets!
The duty free service range of products for purchase is excellent including lots of interesting drinks, perfumes and cosmetics. I rather regretted not needing to buy anything on this occasion.
Seats were comfy, with pillow and blanket provided.
All this is fantastic value too, with an option to fly "Virgin Light" with hand luggage only and no seat pre-allocation for as little as £300 return...
My return flight was just as good as were all previous round flights to the US and Caribbean.
I could not recommend Virgin highly enough!

3  Thank Bleupasse
Reviewed January 4, 2020

As usual the onboard experience was very good and staff were friendly. However the overall experience was poor because the outbound flight was delayed by three hours and I was charged again for a second check in bag on my return, though I had paid for it when booking some months earlier. My complaint was batted away, though they did amend their website in response to my concern about obfuscation.

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Don’t like Branson but have to admit his Virgin atlantic plane service is very good.The aircraft was clean no sticky places on the armrests or on the table the seats were adequate & were comfortable for the length of journey (nearly 10 hours).Entertainment console was clear & easy to navigate choice of programmes looked ok (personal choice is documentaries )Flight staff & information were excellent on outbound & inbound flights.Food served was very good & I ate all that was provided (a 1st for me on all flights I have taken over the years)Flight delay was minimal & recovering our luggage time wasn’t too bad either.If I fly long haul again I’ll certainly consider flying with Virgin Atlantic again even though I’m contributing to Bransons coffers.

2  Thank cudhill
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.