“If the things can go wrong......”
Review of Vueling Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm a frequent flyer of this company for more than five years. At least 80 flights per year. I have no option because my route is covered only by Vueling. I have many of concr3ete little things to explane about, service, delays, lack of information, etc... But my coment is about the evolution of the company offer with the customer perspective. Every single decission about changes,taken by the company has been negative for the customer, Procedures, rates, catering, rewards, etc... have been taken "against" the client.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (17,727)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Normally I’ve been quite content with budget airlines for short trips. I never had any major problems with delays or baggage or service that differ from my experiences with major/quality airlines.

Then came Vueling. They have the routes I need at prices that work for me and convenient times. Perfect. They also let me go completely no frills so that a weekend getaway with my cabin bag doesn’t have to cost and arm and a leg. But...

Of the two trips I’ve taken in the past two months, I’ve had issues. And it’s not so much the fact that there were delays in each trip, or that they lost my bag; this stuff happens, it’s the risk of travel. It was the complete and utter lack of coordination, communication, organization and other general, basic business operation qualities that compel me to write this review.

Trip one in July from AMS to BCN: went against every instinct and checked my too-heavy cabin bag in, but I arrived early and everything went smoothly so I thought nothing of it. Then there was a delay. Or was there? The vueling website said there was, but I didn’t receive a notification (which I had opted into). The airport boards didn’t indicate there was a delay. Everyone at the gate acted like it was business as usual and no announcement. But the boarding time came and went, as did our scheduled departure time (we started boarding shortly after we were scheduled to leave). No acknowledgment or apology from staff for the delay. Never mind we had people waiting at the other end or other flights to catch.

Arrived in BCN only to discover that my bag, along with many others, never made it. Waited for an hour at the airport to get my customer service ticket. Then for the next two weeks received a series of useless emails telling me I could track my package, and if I wanted to supply more info or request info or obtain a lost luggage report then I could email and they would respond shortly. I never received a response to my request for a report. Having written off my luggage as gone forever, I was most surprised when one day, 3 weeks later, my bag was dropped off. Absolutely no communication from vueling about this, and the status of my case on their site said they were still searching for it. But it came back, and hence the 2 stars.

Second trip in August, BCN to AMS:
This time, we turned up to the gate and all seemed normal. The guy behind us in the line said he’s gotten a text at 4am (it was now 2pm) that the flight was delayed, but nothing at the airport or on Vueling’s site reported the same. The representative at the gate makes an announcement that the flight has been delayed and they are sorry. Not 2 mins later, an airport wide announcement advises us that there has been a gate change. To the gate immediately beside us. The rep now looks bewildered. We still don’t know if there is a delay (and how long) or a gate change or both. About 10mins later, we are told it’s both. And we can go to the other gate (not the one next door anymore) in 2 hours and get a free meal in the meantime. Which we do, and it becomes a 4 hour delay.

So fast forward and now we’re at the new gate, and there appears to be more confusion. After 15mins waiting and checking sites and talking to other passengers, we finally learn that there is another possible delay (there is no plane at the gate, so we all figured that out). Then suddenly we’re mobilizing to get on a bus to be taken to our chariot. And we wait another 15mins on the tarmac before the bus doors open, no explanations. No communication. We’re 4.5 hours behind schedule (and again, it’s not the fact there is a delay... it’s how disorganized the airline was and how poorly it was handled and communicated to passengers). This time, however, the pilot did apologize for the delay and would do what he could to make it as short a flight as possible. Customer service on the plane was not friendly, and was disappointing given eveyone’s already crap experience at the airport.

But I give two stars because I’ve had two other ok flights with no delays or issues and friendly service.

The ultimate takeaway: with Vueling, only take carry on (and make sure it absolutely meets size requirements), and expect the worse. Get insurance. Then settle in and pleasantly surprised when you get there on time with all your stuff!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After reading so many negative reviews of this airline, I was extremely worried . I read about long delays and cancellations of flights, so when our fight left on time and took us to Barcelona in 2,5 hours I couldn't believe it! The flight back home was delayed for about 30 min.Both flights were at night. Everything went smoothly, so it was really better than what I had expected

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The aircraft was only in the air for 40 minutes and it was just like hopping on a local bus. This was the first time we had flown Vueling but it was very efficient, no-frills airline I shall fly them again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It wasn't bad. Delayed by about 40 minutes. The only thing that irritates me is when they make you stand on a bus for another 25 minutes whilst they let all rest of the passengers on.
They shouldn't be allowed to sell premium boarding on routes where they know they have to use a bus to get you to the plane. It's just dishonest.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)