“Always my first choice.”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed November 20, 2017

I always look to WestJet first if I fly anywhere. I prefer the customer service and feel more at ease on these flights. While some Air Canada flights have free movies available, I still prefer WestJet. The staff all have a ready smile and seem to really care for my comfort.I have never had a bad experience.

Date of travel: June 2017
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,151)

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Let me start by saying I have zero complaints about my trip from YYZ to CUN. However my lists of complaints for my trip home are a mile long. First off, we received our transfer voucher from our Westjet rep stating that on our departure date our bus would be leaving, I repeat leaving at 1:10 pm ( flight was 4:35 pm). My family and I arrived in the lobby at 12:00 noon to await the arrival of our bus. At 1:00 we went out the front doors and stood by our luggage. No bus arrived at 1:10, at 1:25 I started to worry (because it was a 45 minute drive from our hotel to the airport). I took it upon myself to find a Westjet rep at 1:30 who was enjoying her lunch. She made a few attempts at a phone call before getting a hold of anyone. We were then informed the bus would be arriving in 10 minutes. 8 minutes later the bus arrived, we gave our voucher to the rep and loaded our luggage onto the bus to which we were asked to "hurry" by the rep, who was 40 minutes late. We arrived at the airport at 2:25 pm, walked into the airport to the self-check in stations and proceeded to the bag drop, which had a line up almost the door of the airport. Not only did we arrive 40 minutes late but Westjet thought it would be a great idea to schedule 10 flights out of Cancun within 5 hours, do able right? WRONG! There were 12 counters open to assist people with bag drops. We left the bag drop at 3:50 (boarding for our flight started at 3:55). We rushed through the airport to make it to our gate on-time, luckily they decided to delay our flight. We made it to our gate and boarded the plane. We were scheduled to take off at 4:35 and didn't leave the ground until 5:08. During our flight, there was a lack of food for purchase due to a "transition period" whatever that means. So many of my travel companions were left without food, yay who wants Pringles for dinner?! Upon arriving in Toronto everything was fine until we got to the baggage claim. Yup you guessed it, they lost a bag. We were told there was congestion on the tarmac and that more luggage from our flight was on its way. That was a lie, we stood there for another 30 minutes waiting to which we discovered it wasn't coming. So 2 hours after arriving we were able to finally leave the airport at 10:40 p.m. Here's the positive, they found the lost bag and it has been delivered to our house.

2  Thank sporter01
Reviewed November 19, 2017

We flew from Winnipeg to Puerto Vallarta via westjet (booked the hotel also through westjet vacations). We also used the airport transfer they provided.

IMPORTANT: if you are flying into Puerto Vallarta, do NOT stop inside the airport terminal to talk to any of the people offering taxis or saying they are with westjet (or other companies). They are timeshare people. The Westjet people all have Westjet signs and are outside the terminal.

1  Thank KevLisWinnipeg
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

First time I have had bad service on westjet. Was offered the menu, chose my food, and told there was nothing on the menu. Why give it to me at all? Had to ask for a snack. Service was non-existent. No attention to detail. Too bad, all previous flights have been excellent.

1  Thank whistler4me
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Check in at the airport was very slow. This is not the fault of WestJet but rather the system in Cuba. Once on the plane the service was absolutely second to none. The Stewardess and Steward were very friendly and helpful. Weight needed to be adjusted so they chose the passenger with the nearest birthday and gave her a Plus seat. Just a wonderful way to run an airline. It reminded me of a small family decision making process.