“Get me there on time”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had been invited to meet old acquaintances in a Balkan country in late august,and finding it difficult to get good connecting flights. I had almost booked when I came on an advert which said that a new airline Wizz air would be operating directly in July to our destination, what a relief! I had never travelled on this airline before so I did some research, and finally booked.
This is a budget airline, but what struck me during the booking was the generous luggage allowance of 32Kgs ( you have to pay for it of course!) but it does come in handy. Booking online was simple and the various reminders we received prior to the respective flights were good and timely. The flight was good with a generous legroom unlike a certain Irish airline, but the seats have a fixed back. Staff were competent, nothing free is served on board, but there is a limited selection that you have to pay for. Flights were also on time.

1  Thank anzjan

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Boarding was quick and the plane took off on time. I'm 5ft. 6ins and 11 stone and found the leg room sufficient for the 3 hr. flight. A larger person may benefit from extra legroom but the seats and leg room were similar to other budget airlines. We arrived at our destination on time and left the plane with no problems.
The food on board was ok but nothing special and was reasonably priced for an airline.
The return flight was delayed by 20 mins due to late arrival of the plane. I don't know if this was down to the airline or the airport. We arrived back at Luton 20 mins late but that's no big disaster.
This is a budget airline offering cheap travel and providing basic comforts.
If you want reclining seats, on board films and a good choice of meals I suggest you book a different airline and pay a great deal more.
I was satisfied with the service I got from Wizz and will use them again.

1  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel with Wizz Air 4 to 5 times a year since the route is convenient BUT no more now since I just found out that they do not allow to board pets. I think this is ridicules, so I have to find another airline to get from Malta to Sofia and return.

1  Thank Mark / Bridget R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It wasn't the first time that I've flew with wizz air, but since i have a long experience with this company (many flights) i decided to give my review now.
First point, is a low cost company, so you have a low cost plane with no food included or luggage!
In other hand, the planes and the seats are in a very good shape, the crews are very nice and the most importante for me... no delays or canceled flights till now!
The dowm point is the food, the even expensive it is not very good!
Still for me, is the best low cost company where I've flew!

1  Thank Jorge F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They charge £35.50 for airport check-in (not pre-paid). Fair enough, I was late for online check-in, but seriously £35.50 to get a 'piece of paper' (quote employee at airport)??? Unreasonable. Only fly with them if you're going on a short trip with very little stuff. Adding a 23kg lugagge might end up being more expensive than the actual fare. Oh and there's the different hand baggage sizing. The crew were probably never trained to smile either. Apologies, harsh review but I was really not happy with this trip.

2  Thank Linda P