“Delicious Paella with the perfect host”
Review of Mallorca Cooking

Mallorca Cooking
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Esporles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Private cooking classes at your holiday property and food tours in Palma City. Join our show-cookings and let us organize you private events during your stay in Majorca island in your holiday rental or yatch. I will tailor-made the menus for your family and friends. Our traditional spanish recipes & barbecues are made only local fresh products. We now offer wine tastings at our Ham and Wine open-bar & Deli Store in the heart of Palma City. We are looking forward to share with you unique Mediterranean experiences.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Antonio was the perfect host and welcomed us into his lovely home. We booked a cooking class as part of a documentary we are filming and Antonio was so professional and joy to work with. His teaching method was clear and he made the whole experience relaxing and enjoyable. The house is full of character and the area is beautiful. This is the perfect place for a bit of culture and a taste of the Spanish life. Thanks Antonio

Date of experience: August 2016
Antonio H, Propietario at Mallorca Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear Melissa,

Many thanks for your feedback that contributes to continue improving. Its great you all enjoyed as much asi did.

See you soon

Reviewed January 22, 2016

Travelling for my wife and I is more than seeing the sites but learning the culture and experiencing what the locals do. What better way than to take a cooking lesson from a local chef on a dish that is known worldwide from the area you have visited. Paella a Spanish rice dish is what we choose to master. We contacted Chef Antonio from Mallorca Cooking. Arrangements were made to meet at a local market nearby where we were staying. We shopped with Antonio for fresh seafood that was caught just hours before. We then drove to his home in Esporles, a fairytale village about 25 minutes from Palma. There we shopped again for fresh vegetables at the local store that has been in existence for 3 generations ! Then to Antonio's kitchen where we were given a hands on instruction in the art of Paella making. What to do and what not to do. Of course during the preparation period we had 5 year aged organic ham , cheese and Mallorcan Organic wine to sample. Once complete off we went to the dining table to completely devour the what we had just made.
A genuine taste of Spain. And when you reminisce of your fabulous vacation just head to the kitchen and relive the memory in real time with a fabulous Paella.
Thank You Antonio for your passion and for a most memorable afternoon experience.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Barry K
Antonio H, Owner at Mallorca Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Dear Barry,

I really do appreciate your review and your comments, I had a great time with you both. I hope we can meet again before your departure to Canada.

Antonio Hidalgo

Reviewed December 13, 2014

I met Antonio in Hong Kong last year and I've tried his delicious cooking a few times. Every time was an absolutely fantastic experience. Antonio cooked with his heart and you could really taste the difference in his dishes. The paella was undistbutably the best paella I've ever tasted. Everything else from appetizers and desserts were amazing.... Just need to make sure you have a very empty stomach! If you're lucky, Antonio will also do a little piano performance after the meal, he is really quite a talent!! We already miss him in HK and I can't wait to visit his private kitchen in Mallorca when we go to Spain next year! It's absolutely a MUST try!

Date of experience: January 2014

Hello Irene,

Many thanks for your review, i hope to see you soon in Hong Kong, so we can cook together again. I am planning to visit you in the first week of May.

Reviewed December 8, 2014

We knew Antonio since our dinners in Hong Kong and already there he was cooking the best Spanish food by far in the city. Many spanish restaurants were using his consultancy services. After trying his food experience in Spain we were pleasantly glad to discover a new record break and we had nothing but fun time. He has a unique attention for details while cooking and while entertaining guests. The Paella is the best I ever had in or outside of Spain as he only uses the freshest ingredients and respects the cooking times of each one of them singularly. Definitively a must for whomever travels to Mallorca.

Date of experience: December 2014

Dear Andrea,

Many thanks for your tripadvisor review. Hope to see you soon when i visit Hong Kong in May.

All the best,

See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2014

I went to this private kitchen with my wife and kids and a couple of friends and we were treated to a first class authentic Spanish experience. First of all Chef Antonio is a fantastic host, entertaining and chatty and made everyone feel at ease. We started with a selection of small tapas, including meats and a unique sheeps cheese, but the real treat was the very tasty home made croquetas (a receipe from his mum). Chef Antonio then set up the paella and explained to us the different paellas from the different regions and the ingredients used in his. While doing this, he kept our glasses topped up with some fantastic Spanish red. The paella was cooked to perfection and one of the best paellas I've ever had. Afterwards, Antonio entertained us with some music (he has a high end electric keyboard/piano). In summary, it was a fantastic afternoon, with great food and everyone commented that it was something to remember. I highly recommend an afternoon with this multi-talented chef and host.

Date of experience: September 2014

Hi There,

Many thanks for your review, its always nice to hear you love my cooking.