“Well made food”

Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Neerpelt
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2017

Trying something different than the traditional brasserie food, we discovered til little restaurant. We were told hat there was no actual menu, but that we could select between a steak and poached cod as the main courses, which actually as OK with us, and we took one of each, as I felt for a steak and my wife was more feeling for fish.
Before the meal we were served a small appetizer and some excellent olives, and I chose a glass of the house red, which I was told was very good.
The food was actually quite good; the steak was done just as I ordered - medium. The cod was alo very good, large, snow white flakes of what I judged to be fairly fresh catch. The sides were vegetables of different kinds, all just blanched to retain the crispness and the pepper sauce I got was concentrated in taste, but not too fiery as a green pepper sauce sometimes can be.
The red was not in the same league - maybe a little more care should be given to the wine selection, it was too rounded and with far to prevalent notes of licorice and prunes. A little more tannins and acidity is better for a steak in my opinion.
The service was helpful and present, but it seemed that only one person waiting for the entire restaurant, which at a certain time was more than half full was a little too much - it occurred to be a little random how the tables were prioritized.
The food is really good, though!

Reviewed February 12, 2017

After his Antwerp adventure in De Kleine Zavel, Carlo went back to follow his roots in the North of Limburg... and now he is the masterchef (together with his girlfriend) behind Bella Via in Neerpelt ! They do this in a magnificent way and their tapas idea is highly appriciated by their visitor's... real top food !

Reviewed November 10, 2016

Recently, they started with the tapas menu. Patty, the owner of this restaurant, makes you feel home while you're enjoying the dishes one by one. Always keep a tiny little place in your stomach for the homemade limoncello afterwards. Made some great memories there !

Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by Bella Via on a Thursday evening. We ordered a 3 course meal and the portion sizes were very large. I had salmon for my main dish and my husband had steak. For dessert we had tiramisu. Everything was perfect!! The food was cooked to perfection and the service was excellent! The setting was quiet and romantic! We will definitely be back! The hostess that is also the server (didn't catch her name) brought every course out at the appropriate time, spoke perfect English, was very nice, and was very attentive. They offer single dishes that are less expensive, but we chose the 3 course meal for 40€ per person and honestly it was worth every penny. Anywhere else a meal like that would be a lot more. They also offer a 7 course meal for 45€ per person and the chef picks the meal (it's a total surprise). Loved it and enjoyed our experience! We will be back :-)

Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

We visited this Nice and cosy restaurant in Limburg. Very friendly service, great food. The "ossenstaart" was serviced in a bowl, large portions.