See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 25, 2017

This hotel have a good and central location, the only in this town located in the centrum. But everything are avarege close to below average. Friendly staff and with the-very local attitude, that's charming in a way. The maintaining budget do not exist in this hotel, everything are well used( if you like unmaintained 80'retro this I the dream). Rooms are more or less clean, funny light systems with location where it's impossible to get use of them in a proper way. And there is a overwhelming smell of old French Fries all over the hotel, including in the reception area.
Breakfast good and interesting in the "back to the future hall", with a little annoying sound from the local radio station P4.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed December 10, 2016

A stay at First Elverum is ok and absolutely worth the money. The greeting is friendly the room is ok. This hotel has all the necessity you will need - but nothing more. It was clean and tidy. The bathroom was ok but a little out of date - though not bad.
For a stay in this region absolutely recommendable.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed April 19, 2016

This hotel has old and snappy facilities, but the rooms were kept nice and clean. The rooms are not fantastic, merely a place to sleep if you have things to do the rest of the day, The breakfast was surprisingly good. They offered a variety of fresh and healthy options in a simple, Norwegian style. And they could cater very well for my gluten free requirements and other allergy problems. Actually - we could see one from the staff crossing the street with a shopping bag after having purchased some food items I had requested, and they made sure I got that offered for my breakfasts there - that is superb service! The staff was also very helpful about parking and other information.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
80Karine80, General Manager at First Hotel Elverum, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Dear Guest,
thank you for using your time to give us a feedback after your stay.
We suppose to have a good variety of gluten so it`s very good to see that our staff made this extra effort to make sure your breakfast experience became as it should.
Since we are an old hotel it`s nice to see that we do it well on the things we can make a difference on, like service :-)

Have a nice summer and welcome back.

Reviewed February 9, 2016

Thon Elverum is a Little bit cheaper than the Scandic hotel in Elverum. Old style, and nothing fancy. Nice and friendly staff and above average breakfast buffet for this type of hotel. Downside: No hot Water in the shower at 07.00 in the morning!!

Room tip: Ask for a room with hot Water :-)
Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed February 2, 2016

I spent one night at the Thon Hotel Elverum on a business trip. I was assigned a room on the first floor. The room was pretty much like a prison cell - the sink was next to the bed, there was no closet, in fact no way to hang up a coat or a shirt anywhere apart from a worn out chair. The view was a white wall about 1 meter from the window. The shower and toilet shared a space of about a half square meter. You could literally sit on the toiet while taking a shower. I mentioned this to the reception clerk but she said she had no other rooms available. It must have been a blatant lie as there were virtually no guests as far as we could tell - the restaurant was mostly empty in the evening and and so was the breakfast room in the morning. The hotel was very noisy at night - there were people chattering in the hallways and neighboring rooms after midnight and well into the night (they woke me up several times) and the soundproofing is fairly bad.

I'd give this stay a 0 if possible but I'll accept a 1 for offering gluten free food, free parking, and for having friendly staff. They did let me borrow an extra pillow.

Room tip: Get a double room.
Date of stay: February 2016