“Fun with the Dolpins”

Dolphin Cove Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Encounter Program: This program is specifically designed for young children, non- swimmers and those keen to get an up close encounter with a dolphin. Guests stand waist high in the water and interact with the dolphins. You will get to touch, kiss, dance, sing and learn all sorts of fascinating facts about your dolphin. The dolphins will also perform some high energy behaviors guaranteed to thrill and delight. No minimum age – however for safety reasons, young children must be accompanied by one adult per child. (Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied an adult). Dolphin Swim Program You will receive a life vest before getting into the deep water, where guests will get to interact, touch, kiss and enjoy an up close experience. You will get a thrill out of our famous belly rides, where you ride belly to belly with one of our amazing dolphins. At the end of your program, see your dolphins fly high in the air with their spectacular jumps. Minimum age 5 years or older and must be strong swimmers– however for safety reasons, young children must be accompanied by an adult. (Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied an adult).
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

We coupled this with Stingray City which made for an excellent day. It was great fun and the dolphins appeared to be happy which was something that concerned me. There was loads of opportunity to swim, touch and have photos taken. The photography costs were a little steep.

DolphinDiscovery, Community Manager at Dolphin Cove Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Dear user,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us at Dolphin Cove Cayman.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your day and that the dolphin experience as well as the stingray city were amazing, they are wonderful creatures!
We really appreciate your opinion and we are pleased that our services were as expected.
Looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards!

in 9 reviews
"kiss"
in 131 reviews

Reviewed July 10, 2017

My daughter and niece has always wanted to swim with dolphins. The assistant was great for the presentation and directions. A photographer is onsite to take pictures, so at the end all the pictures came to a total of $150.00 , and they are on disk. I bought just one for $35.00. Had taken a lot with my own camera.

Dear traveler,

We appreciate your visit to Dolphin Cove Cayman and especially for having the time to tell us about your experience. We are pleased to know that swimming with dolphins and interact with them has been an amazing experience.
We hope to have the pleasure to assist you again in the near future.
Dolphin Discovery Group appreciates your visit and preference.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

We had a family of 8 booked for this Carnival Breeze excursion. And what a great time we had. Swimming, dancing, and petting our Dolphin Copernico was fantastic and we all really enjoyed the whole outing. The problem came when trying to buy pictures for a group of 8. The prices per pic were $5. They took 399 pictures of our group. When trying to sort the pics out and decide what everyone wanted was a real pain, especially with the number of people doing the same thing in the same small room, all while being cognizant of a time crunch to catch the shuttle back to the ship. And the pictures of our group were not easy to locate. While talking with the salespeople about pricing we found they were negotiable on package deals. Depends on who you talk to is where you get your best pricing *rolling eyes*. Long story short, our initial bill was to be $450 but ended up agreeing to $250. I'd encourage anyone taking this excursion and buying pics, don't take the first, 2nd, and maybe not even the 3rd price they give you. Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. And make sure you allow enough time to go through this whole ordeal!

DolphinDiscovery, Community Manager at Dolphin Cove Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear traveler,

Many thanks for your visit and especially for having the time to tell us about your experience. We are pleased to know that swimming with dolphins and interact with them has been an amazing experience and that our service was as expected.
Our team is always ready to help you and make it a lifetime experience. Please be assured that all our client's comments are well received, taken into account and shared with the correspondent área, nevertheless it worth to mention that our prices are based on the local market.
On behalf of our team we really hope to have the pleasure to assist you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

I'm 55 years old and have been waiting just about that long to experience time with dolphins. I was fortunate enough to get in Annie's group with Luna (the dolphin). Annie was fabulous. I told Annie I had waited 55 years for this experience. She was great to me and added to my experience by letting me see and touch Luna's teeth and tongue. It was an experience of a lifetime for me. Thanks Annie and Luna!!
Now the reason I gave the experience a 4 star is because of the prices of photos. You can't take your own. They have a photographer take the pictures. She did an excellent job of photography, but the prices were outrageous. I wanted pictures of all my interactions with Luna and because of prices, I ended up with one hard print. That was very disappointing.
Overall though, I will never forget Annie and Luna. AMAZING !!!!

DolphinDiscovery, Community Manager at Dolphin Cove Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Dear user,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the full dolphin experience and your day was plenty of memorable moments.
Our team is always ready to help you and make it a lifetime experience, we deeply thank you for this opportunity.
On the other hand we regret to hear about the disappointment with the photo prices, be assured all our client's comments are well received, taken into account and shared with the correspondent área, nevertheless it worth to mention that our photo prices are based on the local market.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

I would Never Recommend this experience. It's not meant for families. They deliberately try to take advantage of larger groups. I will post on all travel media via the internet of my complete experience. Short story great price to visit unfortunately for a family of 7 you have to pay $350 dollars for your pictures of the experience. Read for yourself my incident report on FB etc.

There was a miscommunication from the ship. The Quynn and Natalie were supposed to ride dolphins.

The first pricing accomidation was 200 per child to swim with the dolphin onsite. Bryan told us to let us know. After our dolphin experience we got out of the water to find him. When we did find him he said he could no longer accommodate us because we got out of the water to find him.

When I got back on the ship to compare the pricing it was a $40 per/person difference between the package we received and the original package. They would have been able to swim with stingrays as well. with Dolphin Cove of Grand Cayman

Bryan told me that Dolphin Cove does not charge for 3 year olds. He said Disney Cruise Lines Charges guests for children 3 and under.

They separate the packages between the photos and the experience to improve their ratings. They do not allow photography to protect the animals even at a distance.

The Pricing Package is ridiculous. Just read it.

1 photo on a CD is $35
3 photos on a CD of the SAME PERSON is 50

All the photos of 1 person is $70, 2 people $120, 3 people $180, 4 people $200 etc then for 7 people the price is $350

Their discount after we left the facility and Disney attempted to negotiate a better price. They offered the package at $280 in exchange for my email.

Xcareto charges 50 for a family to capture the experience. Disney cruise 150 for a photo book with 30-35 photos. It's one of the biggest rip offs. But the dolphin experience was nice we just could afford to pay 35 per person for one photo of each person for $245 or 50 per person to get all of them for $350. They did offer to reduce the price to $280. I declined. I would never give them another dime. BEWARE

The dolphin experience is great but the photo prices are bad for guests and bad for business. There are better packages all together in the Caribbean. #dolphins #dolphinexperience #swimwithdolphins #grandcayman #dolphincove

4  Thank TheGillanNavi
DolphinDiscovery, Community Manager at Dolphin Cove Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Dear visitor,

We appreciate your visit to Dolphin Cove Cayman.
We deeply regret that you felt our services were not as you expected, we thank you for your preference in selecting our facility and also for the sharing of your feedback on TripAdvisor. We will assess each area mentioned to ensure our standards and protocols are consistently observed. Your comments are well received, taken into account and will be shared with the correspondent area, listening to our guests always helps us to improve our quality and take corrective measures where necessary.
On behalf of our team we really hope to have the opportunity to serve you soon and improve your experience.