“Best Dinner on Cayman”

Catch Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in West Bay
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We heard from a few locals that this was the place to go. We were not disappointed.

The drinks, service and food were all top notch. It was the freshest fish we had on the Island.

We would definitely recommend Catch.

2  Thank Bandit3910

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the catch of the day..sanpper. it came out rubber and tough, I couldn't even cut it with a knife. I'm appalled that the chef would even send it out.

2  Thank alichat2017
Reviewed October 5, 2018

We have been going to Catch for over eight years - always our last dinner on the island. It has been a wonderful experience in the past, but something has changed. Our meals were good this evening, but the service was not what we have come to expect. We don’t ask to be waited on in some special manner, but left to sit for almost ten minutes (on a slow, off-season night) before the waiter asked “Are you ready to order” when we haven’t been asked about cocktails/wine or even been told the specials - not so good. Pretty much went downhill from there. The secondary waitstaff were very sweet, the primary waiter (I’ll only use his first initial - D) really left us with a bad impression. I doubt we will go back in the future. There are lots of wonderful restaurants on the island - and the service at all the others this week has been outstanding. Sorry to say that Catch now has been crossed off our list for future visits.

2  Thank EnjoysGoodFood57
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Fish was well prepared but order grilled if you don’t want it covered in too much sauce. Staff (Paul, our server, and Jonathan, the bartender) were especially friendly and offered great service in addition to advice about island activities.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Travel to Cayman 2-3x/year to dive with my son. We have our “favorite” restaurants. On the flight down, I was seated next to a “native”. He recommended that we try Catch. It sits next to Calypso Grille. This creates a high bar for comparison. We decided to go outside of our regular mix of places and couldn’t be happier. The meal, service and ambiance were all perfect.

We had a waterfront table and a greater server named Dana. He made several suggestions and all were great. Had Crispy Octopus and Catch Tasting plate appetizers. Both were exceptional and the smoked Wahoo carpaccio was my favorite. For our meals, I had the Seared Tuna and my son had the Crispy Trigger. Only point of contention during the meal was deciding which was the best!!! Both were excellent and we picked our own selection. While stuffed, Dana insisted we have desert and he ordered them for us :) They were equally good - Key lime pie and a Chocolate (unknown name) amazing treat.

Blessed to eat out regularly, and we both agreed that it was among our best meals ever in Cayman and a memorable meal by ALL standards. Wouldn’t consider coming back to island without eating there and Dana is “our man”. He is professional and funny with a confident air to help you make choices. Honestly, there probably aren’t any bad choices.