The location: fabulous! The property: great! The staff: wonderful! Food: overpriced. Parking: a huge pain. The rooms: fantastic!
Overall this was a great place to be. The rooms were nicely laid out, big bathroom, comfy bed, pillows and bedding. The beach was great, free chairs and umbrellas if you wanted. Everything was clean and well-kept. The staff was always willing to help with whatever you needed. The adult pool was lacking in the chair dept. Really nice chairs there, but people came out early and threw their stuff in them in order to have chairs all day and there were just never enough chairs there. We only ate there a couple of times. The Tiki Bar was great! Good food, great bartenders. Victor was our favorite! Prices were high though. $7 for the local beer and $10.50 for most cocktails. The only other restaurant we ate at was Marabell. VERY OVERPRICED! $25 breakfast buffet....how many people can really eat that much at breakfast? And Caribbean night was $35 each. The food was seriously not worth that price and the entertainment could be seen for free from the balcony above the restaurant. It didn't last long and wasn't worth paying to see since the food wasn't great either. Don't know about the other restaurants. We chose to eat off-site since we had a rental car and it was just much more fun that way too. I would definitely stay there again though! With a rental car is the best way though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms and suites and an exclusive renovated 48,000-sq.-ft. Oceanfront Conference Center. Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The new guestrooms exude traditional Puerto Rican architecture and feature thoughtful indigenous touches. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, Mandara spa, 10 lounges and restaurants with award-winning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature reserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. And since Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth, no passports or visas are required for US Citizens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort Rio Grande