Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
All reviews food truck puerto rico club access taco truck beautiful resort chef myrta pool bar f b club room puerto rican restaurant private pool el yunque rain shower bell staff luquillo beach oceanfront room paddle boarding
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We just returned from a fabulous 5 day stay at the Hyatt. After reading some of the previous negative reviews, I was more than a little concerned. However, our stay could not have been better! My family of 5 arrived late at night and were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff. Our two rooms were adjoining as requested, and were updated, spacious and clean. The maid service did exactly what was requested - no more, no less. No unexpected intrusion, but the rooms were cleaned daily and towels were brought within minutes of calling.

Each day at the pool or beach was beautiful. The property is amazing! We had fabulous meals at Nori, Trattoria (two nights in a row, it was so good) and Prime 787. Prime 787 was particularly fabulous - my wife said that she had the best hangar steak that she had ever had (and I only serve grass fed steaks at home). Our server, Mervin, was very attentive. The “Hanging Belly” appetizer was awesome and all plates were thoroughly cleaned, including the S’mores chocolate cake and the bourbon bread pudding.

We also enjoyed more casual food from the truck by the pool, as well as room service, and coffee and muffins from the Market.

We played tennis each evening before dinner. The courts were well maintained and lit for nighttime play.

After 5 days at the resort, we struggled to find any negatives. Please don’t hesitate to visit!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank doctorj1776
Luis G Perez, Other at Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear doctorj1776,

We are grateful that you stayed with us at the Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve, and for taking the time to leaving your review.

Our mission and commitment is to provide our guest with the vacation they deserve. We always love to hear that our guests have had a wonderful stayed as it encourage us to continue working harder everyday to fulfill and surpass their expectations.

In addition, I want to thank you for your kind words regarding the service provided by Mervin. I will make sure to share it with him and recognize him for his excellent service.

We love having you staying with us and look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me at 787-657-1048 if I can be of assistance in any way.

Saludos,

Luis G. Pérez

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have honestly never been anywhere and met such rude staff.
Very poor service in food. We were very disappointed.
The room was not properly maintained. Taxi service was not convenient.
Totally dissapointed!

1  Thank melichacon
Luis G Perez, Other at Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Melichacon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for staying with us.

We appreciate all feedback, whether it is positive or negative, as it provides us identify what are we doing well and where are the areas where we can improve.

I am saddened to read that you found your experience did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that we do not tolerate for any of our staff to be rude in any way to our guests. In the past few weeks we have been conducting training sessions where we emphasize in the policies and standards of our commitment to deliver excellent service. I would like to apologize for not providing you with the stay you expected and deserve.

I hope you give us another opportunity to have you with us and show your the service that we are known for. Please feel free to contact me at 787-657-1048 if I can be of service in any way.

Luis G Pérez

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This resort was really nice, especially considering some of the places that my wife and I stayed at during our vacation in Puerto Rico. There were some nice things like the finishes in the room, and the linens were clean. That being said there were the let downs too. The bathroom was super cool and modern with the wet rooms, but there was a lot of hair, and the drain was disgusting. The toilet seat had lip stick on it... not sure what that was about. The food as you will see on most reviews was just ok, and cost like it was really good. The beach was also kind of a let down because the water is shallow for quite a ways out, it's just part of the island, so it's rocky and most people ended up just going to the pool. This was a nice place just with a couple things that weren't as expected. The staff is by far the shining star, very helpful and always willing to work with you.

Dear El-Ralph0,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review.

I would like to offer you my apologies for the shortcomings encountered. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities and our housekeeping department did not deliver. I can assure we do not take your comment lightly. As we have hired additional staff, we have been emphasizing on their training to ensure they comply with our high standards.

On another note, thank you for your kind words regarding our staff being the shinning star of your stay. It is satisfying to see their commitment and efforts paying off.

I look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me at 787-657-1048 if I can be of service in any way.

Luis G. Pérez

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The resort is very spacious, not crowded at all, and very clean!! Absolutely amazing views that resulted in beautiful photographs and memories. Food is delightfully traditional and delicious. Customer service was exceptional — concierge helped me locate a Cuatro Puertorriqueño (musical instrument) that I wished to purchase as a souvenir. I will be forever grateful for the help!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You'll be hard pressed to find such a beautiful hotel with so much to do in Puerto Rico. We missed the Gran Melia hotel since hurricane Maria hit the island, but we were happy to find this improved version from Hyatt. Very large swimming pool, beach, free water park for the kids (and grown ups!), kayaks, paddle boarding, tennis courts, bikes (electric and regular) and more. Staff was very friendly and helpful when asking for directions, information or when I requested more room towels and toiletries. Rooms (and their bathrooms) are big with high ceilings. I would change the twin beds to queen, but we were able to enjoy our sleep nonetheless. We will definately return. Highly recommended!