My wife and I just returned from a very relaxing week at Sandals Whitehouse. If you want to unwind on vacation, this is the place. I primarily chose this resort due to 4 reasons; proximity to Boston, A Sandals resort,the remoteness (lack of vendors/salespeople) and the reviews on Trip Adivsor. We stayed at Sandals Antigua in 2009, and after taking a vacation at a lesser resort,we were eager to return to a Sandals property because they are a step up from the others. We were not let down as we both really enjoyed the trip and would recommend Whitehouse to anyone. The weather was absolutely perfect, 84-85 everyday with little humidity, best weather I have ever had on several trips to the islands.
Bus Ride= Do not let the negative reviews bother you (there is always a few people that have to complain, ignore them). We both enjoyed seeing the landscape and learning about the culture and history from the informative driver. The beauty of Whitehouse is it is on the unspoiled south coast of Jamaica, and a few potholes is well worth it to arrive at such a nice resort. My wife actually fell asleep on the 90 minute busride.
Resort= Very beautiful, the different sections are spread out nicely, you never feel crowded.We stayed at a concierge room in the Italian Village. It was close to everything. although the Dutch and French sections looked nice as well. The beach is very nice, we enjoyed walking it everyday. The pools are all nice, we primarily stayed in the main pool, but the french pool was the party pool. As far as the reviews saying there were no chairs at the beach or pool unless you woke up really early, as one one employee whose name escapes me said, "THAT IS HOGWASH". We never had an issue getting a chair, any time of day, must be the same people whom struggled with the busride.
Food= Overall very good with a nice variety. Some meals we had fell short, but most were fine. I liked the Omelette's maid to order for breakfast, jerk chicken at Bluefield's for lunch, and the crab cakes and red snapper at Elanors for dinner in particular. Wash it down with an iced coffee and slice of cheesecake form Cafe De Paris for dessert.
Nightlife= We enjoyed the Steel Drum Band the best on Saturday night the best. We also liked the couples gameshow and Caribbean Night. If you are looking to party all night this may not be the place, however after a long day in the sun drinking and eating all day it is easy to go to bed early.
Overall= Great place to go and relax for vacation. Would like to mention the following people for their great service, forgive me for any wrong spellings. Bryan our concierge, Kythanna our housekeeper, Carona our waitress at Bayside and Karl for making me great omelette's for breakfast. This is a plush resort, and if you want a laid back vacation with your loved one, you will not be disappointed with Sandals Whitehouse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica