We stayed at the Sandals Whitehouse and loved it. The grounds were beautiful and the staff was super nice and friendly. We especially loved the French Bartenders, Anthony aka Tony Montana, Kumar and Michael. They were awesome and all deserve a raise. We met our friends there and met many other people who were all out to have a good time. Great weather, great people and a great time. The food was very good, though the portions were small. If you were really hungry, you could order two entrees. The deserts from the Cafe were wonderful and the drinks were great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you take some time to chat with them and find out what their lives are like, they are happy to share their stories. It was very interesting. The beach was fabulous and the weather even better. The drive over was not bad at all. It was interesting seeing the country side and our bus driver was very funny and made the ride interesting. I would recomend it if you want to get away from the dreary winter weather and have some fun in the sun. You could do as little or as much as you wanted to do. The gym was the only disappointment for me. At the start of the week there were only 3 treadmills and no bikes. They did add a 4th treadmill but they need more and also need to add a few bikes to the mix. Not everyone wants to run on a treadmill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica