“Wonderful place to stay in yercaud.”

Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Yercaud
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I had been here on my 1st aniversary, its a wonderful place to live in. Beautiful sights both in early morning - all mist and far away you will be seeing mountain heads floating.... wow!!
in evening - the lighting in the salem city mesmarises you ..
had evening candle light dinner , one side lighting from salem city other side stars and in front of you your beauty wow! I enjoyed it.

I would recommend this place for couples....

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Great Trails Yercaud by GRT Hotels

Reviewed 21 March 2011

Hi folks,

This is not sky rocca .This is GRT sky rocca,GRT owned this hotel.

# Accommodation

Along with my 3 friends went to yercaud for a weekend trip and decided to stay in the sky rocca hotel.The room tarriff starts from 3000INR , they will accomadate only 2 persons per room max 3 with xtra charge ,No room is available for 4 people or more .You have 2 take 2 rooms if you are more than 3 persons.

# Food

Name of the restaurant is Salem heights.
Food is expensive when compared to the rest of hotels in Yercaud, but it is not that expensive when compared to hotels in cities , Chicken curries starts at around 200INR .But Food is hygenic

#Tourist spot

There will be a bridge kind of connectivity between the hotel rooms and the restaurant.....They have named it as skywalk and it is pleasure to walk on that. Skywalk provides you a good scenic view of Yercaud. I suggest you to visit this hotel in this night time to enjoy the skywalk.

# Drink

There will be superb and small bar in the hotel.The ambiance of the bar is worth going to it.

Regards,
Vishnudeep Bellamkonda

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We went there to relax and that's what we got. Rooms were clean, inviting and spacious. Service was excellent and the staff was very courteous. The food was also worth mentioning. The restaurant was at the top of the hotel and you have to walk up the stairs made by the side to reach there. Good to lose few pounds when you gain a lot eating there. The bar was bit small but had everything.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2011

GRT Nature Trails is arguably the best property in Yercaud. Every one of its rooms offers a scenic view of the hills. Neat rooms, great housekeeping.

Sadly, the management of the property is not up to the mark. We had a penthouse room - the most expensive room in the hotel, that comes along with an in room jacuzzi and a huge private balcony with a scenic view. However, a party hall is located in the vicinity of the room which is invariably booked for corporate parties. All through the short stay of 2 days at Nature Trails, there was booming sound of music that reverberated through the room all through the day and night as well. Repeated phone calls to the reception / talks with the manager was of absolutely no help who told us upfront that this is a "Leisure Hotel" and nothing can be done about the decibel levels. We made a trip to Yercaud to get a weekend's sleep and rest, and we experienced nothing close to it - so much so, we checked out a day earlier than planned primarily due to the attitude of the manager.

The food at the Salem Heights restaurant / room service is very average, and is deifnitely not GRT standards.

Good option for a stay in Yercaud only if you get a room that is not close to the party hall !!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2011

nice hotel with very good rooms giving a view of salem city lights in the night from the private balcony.....the food served is great. weekend buffet for dinner and daily buffet breakfast is offered..we have been to Yercaud many times.i would rate this as the best. rooms are spacious,clean and cozy .

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Well to start with I am a ardent fan of GRT Hotels. I have stayed in almost all of the GRT properties in TamilNadu. I am very regular to GRT Temple Bay (almost there every month) and me and my family love the service more than the property... I mean they really really take care of you. This particular property in Yercaud is in a lovely location. Me and my family have alreddy been there once last year. We loved it and thats the reason we planned to be there this newyears.

OK to start with the location is superb , no dbouts. But both me and my wife felt tht the service levels has definetely gone down. Just a few incidents were enough for us to get the cold feeling.
1. They had a lunch buffet and one of the waiters was not in a good mood for some odd reason. I was there at one of the live dosa counters and the chef was having some dosas prepared and was asking the waiter to serve it to one of the guests seated and to my supprise the waiter just said "do it yourself ..i am busy". I mean this is definetely not GRT service.
2. They had the new years gala dinner with a great spread on the buffet and some programes and a live DJ and the usuals that any hotel does to entertain the guests. Ok so we paid up some 2500rs per couple or something which was really cheap compared to the GRT Temple bay rates (ofcourse this is yercaud..so I gussed thats the going rates there). This was compulsory so none of the guests had a choise. OK so until this its understandable. But here is the funny part. We walked in at 8 in the evening for dinner and they said that it starts only after 9 in the evening. We were travelling with kids, my son is 4 and daughter is 2 and they have their dinner early so 8 itself was late. So after I reminded them of my kids they started arranging the buffer and we were allowed to start with the food. There were many guests with kids the same age as mine and in no time the entire place was filled with small kids and parents scrambling to get something to feed them. There were no tables or chairs that nite. I guess they had sold some passes for outsiders too so they were expecting a huge crowd so absolutely no seating and all the parents were litrally running all over the place to feed their kids.

By the time my kids were done with their dinner the whole place was crowded. They really had some out side crowd there for the dinner. So me and my wife decided that we will checkout what was happening in the hall next door where they had organised some new year events.

Well it so happned that there was no crowd and their magic show was a total flop. The kids were all too young to undersatand the tricks and it was too lame for the adults to be entertained. The entire crowd was in the dinner buffet or at the bar having a drink.

Decided to go to our room and have some room service and have a quite new years. Guess what!!!!! No room service that nite....I really dint know why they dint have in room dining that nite. They were not even prepared to give us a portion of milk for my 2 year old baby. I litrally had to blast them before they agreed to give me a portion of milk. I mean there were a lot of kids the same age as mine staying there and I really dont know what the management was having in its mind when they shut down in room dining....seriousely crazy..

3. At 11.50 in the nite they turned off the power for the entire resort and started bursting crackers till 12.05. The noise was so loud and plus no power my children were on the verge of waking up. I can understand that it was new years and they wanted to have fun but I really dont see why they had to turn off the power for the entire resort for that...

Well in all I guess they really dint plan well in advance for the event. The property is also being renavated. All the private terreces have been stripped of the greens and lawns which was there last time when we were there. This time just plain tiles and they told us that they had some water seepage problems because of the lawns and they wanted to do water proofing but dint have time so everything was tiled. I guess they are going to do it in a phased manner. so watch out for the pictures that are on the website. Its not the same for now.

I just hope they really work on their issues and get back to track soon. Seriousely not GRT standerds.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2010

Very good hotel, stunning view. We stayed in a pool side room in the new block. I would recommend getting one of the rooms starting with a "6" as you are then one floor higher tan the pool so you have a bit of privacy. The food was very good and service from the restaurant staff outstanding. We did try eating in outher hotels in Yercaud but the food in GRT/Sky Rocca was the best.
Don't depend on the wi-fi in the rooms though as the signal is very weak.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family